Automated trade network worker issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automated trade network worker issue

I have been trying to use the automated trade network button to build roads.

I checked options and checked dont overide buildings and whatever the other one is, forest I think.

the problem is my workers still build improvements, like a farm on corn when it opens, or building a fort

I just want the guy to build roads! is that possible?

thanks in advance
    saw

No. The worker is doing just as intended. Build trade network means "build roads and connect resources". I'm not sure though, if it will build roads everywhere when all resources are connected (I don't use this myself)

Comment

"build trade network" means it will connect all resources and build the relevant improvement on them. Both inside your fat cross, and out of them. After it has hooked up all resources, it will road everywhere in your cultural borders. It will also automatically upgrade roads to railroads, and reconnect resources that get sabotaged or otherwise destroyed.

It's the best automation there is, imho.

Why would you want them to not build on resources?

Comment

-Why would I want them to not build on resources?

Umm probably because I am noob lol....but mostly its just the forts it builds that upset me...again possibly because I dont uderstand them well enough yet.

Comment

Forts are great for resources inside your cultural borders, but outside the fat cross of any of your cities. They deliver the resource, just like the appropriate improvement would, but also (a) give you the 25% defensive bonus of a fort, (b) act as a city for the purpose of City Raider and City Garrison promotions, (c) allow you to station four air units on the tile, (d) allow ships to enter and exit, if coastal, and (e) don't require the prerequisite techs that some improvements (well, e.g.) require. So, in the time between Scientific Method revealing oil, for instance, and Combustion allowing you to build a well, you can put a fort on an oil resource, and the oil will be available as soon as you finish Combustion, as opposed to your having to build a well after researching Combustion. Furthermore, if you need to protect the resource, the fort allows you to do it better than a well/mine/etc. would. Because of the coastal aspect, forts on resourceless tiles can also be useful to create a canal for your navy, though every fort/city in the chain has to be coastal for it to work.
          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

wow ok well that explains a lot thank you much

Comment

Working...
            X