Which expansion pack is the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which expansion pack is the best?

Which expansion pack is the best avaliable for Civ IV, would you say? Warlords?
    Isn't it too bad you can't just have allt the benefits from the different expansion packs combined in one big one?

I thought you could - BTS brings with it all the gameplay developments in Warlords. The only thing you don't get is the warlord's scenarios, but that isn't a great loss.

Comment

The Priest speaks true. BtS includes all concepts from Warlords as well. You just don't get the scenarios (no loss if you ask me).

Comment

You can also first install Civ4 then Warlords then BTS and have all the scenarios as well or you could just get the gold release of civ4 which contains all 3 packages.

If you want to leave an add on away because of financial reasons then leave Warlords out.

Comment

Yeah, if you are limited to one, go for BTS.

Welcome to Apolyton sjudubbel.
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

The only reason to not get BtS is if the espionage model annoys you. Otherwise, it's the way to go.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
              The only reason to not get BtS is if the espionage model annoys you. Otherwise, it's the way to go.
              Well, you can always turn it off in a custom game.
              And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Yes, but some people like the Warlords espionage model

Not many people, but, who knows ...
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

BTS is much better, if you actually had to choose. However, as noted, the Warlords updates are all in BTS.

The CivGold package available recently does NOT contain BTS, only The Civ IV vanilla game and the Warlords expansion. I am not familiar with a Civ IV Gold package, but then I haven't been looking, since I have them all anyway.
                  No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                  "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
                    The CivGold package available recently does NOT contain BTS, only The Civ IV vanilla game and the Warlords expansion. I am not familiar with a Civ IV Gold package, but then I haven't been looking, since I have them all anyway.
                    As I understand it's the Civ Complete package that has them all, not Gold.

Comment

Working...
                    X