No announcement yet.

Sorry, I know this will annoy people...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, I know this will annoy people...

Hi everyone! It is has been a while since i have posted anything. as a matter of fact, I still don't have BTS. however, I will be getting it in about a week.

and this brings up something that will annoy people, sorry about that.

Can someone give me a rundown on BTS? What I'm looking for is more of a recount of all the patches that I need to apply and the mods I should download. and possibley a rundown on the benifits of those mods and if cetrain patches only go with mods.

As for game play stuff, well anything you want to tell me about would be great. I'm pretty experienced at Warlords, so that is my reference.

I know this post will annoy some people because they will thing that i did not do a good enough job at searching. i did search around and things are just not clear in my head about it yet and it would be helpful if everything was in one spot.

Apply that patch. You can then apply or not apply Solver's Unofficial 3.17 patch (in the thread above), it's not as necessary as the previous two were but it's interesting.

Mods- entirely a personal choice; I don't use any, but there are plenty of interesting ones, like BUG (BTS Unaltered Gameplay) which is a collection of interface mods. Just look around I suppose.

Differences:
    1. Catapults and their ilk can't kill anymore; they stop firing and withdraw after a set point (which gets later and later as you progress through siege).
    2. Espionage. You earn espionage 'points' and use it to do spy missions. You need espionage points even to see your opponents' power graph and whatnot. Spies do active missions, and can be caught by other spies or certain buildings (% chance), and a low % chance of catching even from just having espionage points.
    3. Golden Ages now take one less GP to start with (1 instead of 2) and have a lot more benefits - free civics and religion changes, for example, and double GPP accrual.
    4. Events - they affect a lot of things strategy-wise, because they have certain requirements to be set off. Slavery can cause a Slave Revolt event which paralyzes a city; building certain buildings can cause certain events or quest-events that give you a bonus; same for certain units.
    5. Corporations - they are a huge help late in the game, make a cultural victory simple (Sid's Sushi and Creative Construction or whatnot). Careful with them, though, the costs can be significant if you let them get out of hand.
    6. Apostolic Palace - like the UN but very early (with Theology); only folks with cities of the same religion as the founder are members, and your votes are tied to how many are in that religion. You get hammers from buildings of that religion, and you get to force people to do all sorts of things like requiring the return of certain cities lost in war, or forcing the end of a war entirely. You can refuse to comply, but it carries a heavy penalty.

That's the big six... i'll leave the rest to others
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Flanking...
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Dale's Combat Mod is a good one IMO, but I don't think it's been adopted to 3.17 yet, and may never.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
          Dale's Combat Mod is a good one IMO, but I don't think it's been adopted to 3.17 yet, and may never.
          Dale's Combat Mod for BtS 3.17
          You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
            Damn I wanted to try it.
            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

If you don't apply Solver's unoffical patch remember to not give colaterial damage promotions to Tanks, Panzers, and Modern Armor because they are completely useless in 3.17.

Certain mods may have additional units affected, basically it's any unit which without any promotions wouldn't do any colaterial damage.

I don't know weather or not the AI under 3.17 knows not to use colaterial damage promotions in those cases or not because I waited for Solver's unoffical patch to come out before downloading 3.17 and imedately added Solver's.

Originally posted by snoopy369
              [url]

Apply that patch. You can then apply or not apply Solver's Unofficial 3.17 patch (in the thread above), it's not as necessary as the previous two were but it's interesting.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules

Damn I wanted to try it.
                Look at the post above yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Seedle

Dale's Combat Mod for BtS 3.17
                  Ok. I recall reading that he finished RTW for 3.17 and that would be the last he'd do. I assumed that since the Combat mod is tied to RTW, he did RTW 1st.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                  X