Question about RTW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about RTW

I am Chinese come from wuhan city. when I play pacific map of RTW, I found some problem.

1, when I capture my hometown wuhan city, I saw there were lots of angry people. the reason is they are wanting to rejoin their motherland which is Japan, WTF.

Another reason is the war, but it is not China declare the war, it is Japan.

2, the map is not accurate, especially the rivers.

Anyway, good map though.

moreover, the about %75 of the population of wuhan is Japanese, is it possible? I thought less than %1

Comment

Well, I'm sure people will point out, that Civ isn't a historical simulation; it's a game. Wierd stuff can happen, like the Axis winning, most obviously.
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Sounds a lot like the Civ III War War II In the Pacific Conquest where when playing the Chinese when you liberated cities in China that Japan started the game with, you'd find 100% of the population was Japanese.

I would guess the designers of RTW chose population percentages & culture around getting all the tiles that Japan had possesion of in the starting year of RTW to be Japanese and not what percent of the population of the various cities was culturaly Japanese.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

All Japan would have had to do differently to win would have been to NOT attack the US. The US administartion was much more concerned about Germany than Japan.

And similarly Germany probably could have won WW II in Europe if they hadn't attacked the USSR either.

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
          Well, I'm sure people will point out, that Civ isn't a historical simulation; it's a game. Wierd stuff can happen, like the Axis winning, most obviously.
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Since culture is directly related to tile ownership. That's why.

Comment

The Axis could not have won WW II without neutralizing the USSR. Give Stalin's nature, the only way to guarentee Russian neutrality was to conquer the place. This might have been easier if the US was ignored, but the Japanese did not think they could assure their control of southeast Asia with major US forces in the Phillipines and Hawaii. So, the Axis bit off more than they could chew. Hooray for the right outcome on that.
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

The Germans also required "living space" and the food basket that is the Ukraine.

USSR was always the primary objective of WW2.

Comment

Working...
                X