Update Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Error

I just got a new computer and reinstalled, Civ IV Vanilla and BTS. Now I went to advanced in BTS and click check for updates. It says update error and then goes back to the advanced menu and sits there. If I try anything, it says update in progress. I waited for a while, but nothing seems to be happening. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Mike

Hmm.

Ok - try downloading the patch from Apolyton - then run it.

I had a similar problem when the patch first came out.

The Poly version worked fine.
    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

I don't recommend using the in-game updater... It is buggy. Especially in Vista.

Definitely download it from here (look in the patch thread).
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Thanks, tha did it.
        Mik

Comment

I have never seen the in-game updater work for anyone.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I worked for me for all previous C4, Warlords and BtS patches.
            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

For me with Vista it thought is was up to date with just the CD install; that was well after 3.17 came out). The apolyton link to get 3.17 worked great.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
              X