Skipping Combat Animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skipping Combat Animation

I forget, is there a key you can press to skip through any combat animations you dont want to watch (or am i thinking of another game all together). I know about shutting it off in the menu altogether, but I want to leave them on only skipping certain battles.

It was the shift key, but I don't remember if it was for Civ4, Civ3, or even Rise of Nations!

I know, I was a lot of help, wasn't I.

Comment

I'd push buttons until something happens.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
        Just try pushing the buttons of your significant other, and you'll get a reaction all right.
        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Lol, Snoopy, quite a sentence for a ´technical assistant´. And when you achieve what you wanted by this method, do you call it a ´Snoopy´ (another Simpsons reference) ?

Comment

It's a little known secret that most of being a technical wizard is being willing to push buttons that you don't know what they do You just have to make sure to steer clear of the red button...
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Yeah, I was working on my brother's computer the other day trying to fix something and I wasn't 100% sure of what I was doing but declared "It's already screwed up, it's not like I can make it worse" I was wrong.

But I was able to eventually fix it.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So THAT'S why Ming hasn;t been around for a while...
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

It's a little known secret that most of being a technical wizard is being willing to push buttons that you don't know what they do You just have to make sure to steer clear of the red button...
                  Having worked in many large-scale computer rooms, every time they would have to shut down the entire room for facilities maintenance I would beg to be the one who pushed the big red button. For some reason, this bothered my managers a great deal. And they never let me do it either. But I would make a point of being in the room to hear that amazing silence that is the sound of all cooling vans and A/C finally coming to a halt.

Hmmm. What does this button do if I xlom{@#xdf2a9vvX sd09(& ..................................
                  If you aren't confused,
                  You don't understand.

Comment

In one of my previous jobs, I was in charge of all computer operations so I WAS ALLOWED TO PRESS THE BIG RED BUTTON.

And yes the total silence in an operations center just after a controlled shut down always amazed me.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Push enough buttons, especially in combination with other buttons and a lot of things will happen. However, not the turning off of the animated graphics on a per-battle basis.
                      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
                        Push enough buttons, especially in combination with other buttons and a lot of things will happen. However, not the turning off of the animated graphics on a per-battle basis.
                        WHAT!? Are you trying to tell us it was a Civ3 thing, or somethin'?

Comment

Working...
                        X