No announcement yet.

War weariness, police state, jails etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War weariness, police state, jails etc.

I would like to understand better how war weariness works. I know that you get points depending on units killed (probably captured cities contribute as well). I know that the pints are different for deaths on offence, defence and in your territory or foreign territory.
    I would like to know however if these points are dependent on difficulty level as well. I am playing a MP game with my brother on emperor and the points seem to rack up really fast.

I don't know how the actuall unhappy people in the cities are calculated based on the points you accumulate during the war.

I would also like to know how police state, jails and mount rushmore work. It says that they reduce WW but it is not clear for me what they actually do. Do they make it so that the accumulated points from the war do not translate to unhappy people in the cities or are they somehow reducing the accumulated points.

Also would it mean that there will be zero WW if you have PS, MR and a city with jail?
    Quendelie axan!

[q=Sir Og]Also would it mean that there will be zero WW if you have PS, MR and a city with jail?[/q]

Technically no. There is no WW unhappiness, there are still WW points, so that if you swap out of PS you can get WW unhappiness.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Is there a formula that calculates how much unhappy citizens a certain number of WW points creates. And where are these placed. It seems that the unhappies are not equally distributed between all cities.
      Quendelie axan!

Comment

Larger cities, and cities with greater portions of foreign culture suffer more WW unhappiness.

Some info may be found in the CFC War Academy (based on vanilla Civ4):
        War Weariness Mechanics

Comment

Thanks Jaybe!
          Quendelie axan!

Comment

Working...
          X