Mod question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod question

I mostly play using the BAT mod now but find it annoying that I always have to load up the game and then load up the mod. I'm sure there's a way to go directly into the mod. Does anyone know how?

Try the creation forum. They know way more about mods than most of us here.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

If continuing a game, open the save file instead of the game.

Comment

There is a command line flag you can put in your Civ4 shortcut. I believe it is /MOD=(modname), but I'm not 100% sure. I'll see if I can flag it down.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Hmm, it seems to be

mod= mods/modfolder

so
          "C:\blah\civ4beyondthesword.exe" mod= mods/BAT

assuming BAT is the actual name of the mod (ie, the folder it is in should be inside the mods folder and then a folder called BAT).

Comment

If I understand your question correctly you need to find the scenario file and start the game using it instead of the main executable. It will load the game directly with the desired mod.

Also, you can simply start the game with a save file. Works like a charm. (I actually put a shortcut to the save file "currentgame" in my autostart folder, so I don't need to do anything at all when i reboot. I can pretty much just wander off and when I come back both the computer, the operating system, the game, the mod and my current game is loaded in and ready.)

edit: "BAT mod"? What does that stand for? (I personally walk with Rye and RFC, which translates to Rhye's and Fall of Civilization.)

Comment

I don't know if opening the scenario file would work, but using the mod= option definitely is the primary solution to the OP's question.

Comment

BAT mod is a variation of the BUG (BTS Unaltered Gameplay) mod, which modifies art files and text files without altering the actual play of the game.

The BUG Project BTS Unaltered Gameplay, or BUG, is a modification code for Civilization IV: BTS. CIV is a very easy game to modify, but not all modifications are compatible with each other. In an effort to combines these many different Mods from the Civ community, into one concise program, the...

Comment

I do load up games directly from the folder and that works fine, couldn't get the mod to load up directly to the main screen from the folder though.

Will try the command line on the shortcut when I get home. Cheers.

Comment

It sure does work for me (and always has), I've attached my Start Menu for an example. The second and third from the top are mod/scenario files (RFC in this case). All four work though.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X