No announcement yet.

barbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And there is the danger, which stupid old me has fallen for before, of thinkng 'wow, no barbs', so you don't build much military. Meanwhile your neighbour is accumulating a huge army of 10 XP veterans from the barbarian wars. One day, when the barbs are having a rest, your neighbour gets over the intimidation factor, ride up to the Great Wall and find that the soldiers on it are just cardboard cut-outs ...

Comment

would it be wonderful if we could chose to play as the raging barbs

I would
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

You know there is a scenario where you play as the barbs, right?
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

guess I have not played in awhile
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
            However, it does seem like a bit of an exploit to turn on raging barbs and then rush to build the Great Wall. Based on its programming, the AI really doesn't know what level of storm is coming. Admittedly some exploits are more fun than others.

Indeed!

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Is the barbs scenario on BTS?
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
                Is the barbs scenario on BTS?
                Warlords.
                You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

I played the barbs scenario some time ago and it is quite fun

You run around harassing the AIs and burnig down their cities. With the captured Gold u can buy reinforcements and proceed
                  More than enough is too much!

Comment

Originally posted by The Priest
                    And there is the danger, which stupid old me has fallen for before, of thinkng 'wow, no barbs', so you don't build much military. Meanwhile your neighbour is accumulating a huge army of 10 XP veterans from the barbarian wars. One day, when the barbs are having a rest, your neighbour gets over the intimidation factor, ride up to the Great Wall and find that the soldiers on it are just cardboard cut-outs ...

Strength & Honor!

Comment

Working...
                    X