Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch download problems

Hi there,

I just installed the "Complete" edition of Civ4 on a brand new laptop that MORE than meets the recommended specs for the game.

Now, in Beyond the Sword, when I try to download the 3.17 patch, the computer seems to freeze, and I can't leave the screen because it tells me I have to wait until the patch finishes downloading.

I am on a very fast broadband, and even leaving it over night didn't make any difference. I have to reset my computer and try again.

I've been able to play the game successfully WITHOUT the patch installed, but I would like to install it an access the changes - any suggestions?

I also am confused why the patch isn't on the www.civ4.com website to download - while a bunch of other patches are there??? Is this patch official?

Thanks!

That's our local mirror, should be a fast download from there. I don't know anything about Civ4.com ... firaxis.com is the publisher.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I had the same problem and the apo version worked perfectly.

Comment

I've been reading a number of posts by people who have had problems using the ingame updater for this patch. Just download the standalone that Snoopy has pointed you to and install it yourself.

Comment

Had to load the patch from here. In game loader went into some sort of unresolvable do-loop, never to finish in this lifetime. File here loaded successfully and worked as advertised.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I had the same problem... the auto update from "them" just locked up my machine. Fortunately, I had no problem doing it from here.

You would think it would be the other way around
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
            X