No announcement yet.

Global Warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To elaborate on a philosophical level: Civ is inherently tech-positive and optimistic. So how is it we can build a spaceship that goes to Alpha Centauri but we can't combat global warming?
    [ok]

"I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes. "

Comment

You build the spaceship to have new planet(s) to warm up since the original is toast.

Comment

Originally posted by Julian Delphiki
        You build the spaceship to have new planet(s) to warm up since the original is toast.
        Yes, I belief this is Sid's message. We should fry as many fertile planets we can find.

Comment

How are we doing this far?

Comment

Not so good. Not even one scorched planet yet. This one still has all this water and green trees and green whatnot. We need more coal plants. I'm gonna build one in my back yard, and cut off the supplied hydro power to my house. I urge you people to do the same!

Comment

Frying the planet is a tertiary goal, one to plan as not occuring in your lifetime. Plan one is to get rich and powerful. Secondary goal is to take over.

Spaceships keeps the same industries busy that were building war machines. Gives those folks something to do besides precipitating a nuclear war. The Russians and the US seemed to have figured this out a couple of decades ago but are falling back on their old military ways. A slipup in that arena can fry the planet in a big hurry (about one day, at most).
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I'm gonna become a ninja then clone myself, infiltrate the white house and the kremlin at the same time and press every red button I can find. Right after I build a coal plant in my back yard. But first I'm gonna become the president of the UN to ensure no Environmentalism civic or No Nuclear Weapons agreement.

Comment

You are going to be very busy learning martial arts, biochemistry, factory construction, and international politics to the point of being a major influence. Suspect all that will take you more years than there are in one lifetime. So chill out and let the planet live.
                  "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Well, I am in fact a cat, so I have nine lives. Being a cat means the ninja thing is almost covered, so that leaves biochemistry, factory construction and international politics. 3 lives there, so I'll have 6 lives to chill out. I'm gonna use them to play civ.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikomakkos
                      ..., so I'll have 6 lives to chill out. I'm gonna use them to play civ.

Comment

I think the cold weather got to him. Niko just needs to move to someplace warm.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                        X