Diplomacy issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomacy issue

I can't find any List for Civ V (Are you guys slacking or something?) so I figured I'd make a thread.

Is there any way to delay diplomacy until later in the turn? Sometimes I get an offer, such as joining somebody in a war, or abandoning deals with somebody else, and I have trouble remembering all the details of the situation. I'd like it if I could get an offer from the AI, minimize it, look around at my situation, and then make a decision. That way I could look and see how the facts line up before I dive into some catastrophe. Anybody else feel the same way, or am I just too much of a stoner to keep playing this?
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

you can mouse over the civs in the lower right or some say you can use one of the function keys to go to the diplomacy screen, (never done that but everyone else says it works)
    But the game won't advance till you give your answer.

I do wish that all request/demands on a turn would pop up together.

The other night i had one where an ai asked me to change a civic. Since it was one I was going to change to anyway, I said sure and revolted. I thought that when you agreed to a demand, they couldn't DOW you for 10 turns, but the next turn the civ DOWed me.
    I guess asking to change civics or religion is not considered a demand.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's not a trade. I believe you get the auto-peace treaty when you trade something, but not when you just change civics or whatever.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

"It's not a demand! It's an invitation!" Sounds like bullies everywhere, covering their belligerancy by pretending it's "for your own good."
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Sounds like ´Saddam must leave the country within 48 hours - if he doesnt, we gonna attack... and just to clarify: if he does, we gonna march in...´

Comment

Bullies sometimes do not recognize that is what they are. In the game however, the look on their faces shows they know how nasty they are being.
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Don't you get the auto peace if he demands 400 gold and you give it to him. (wouldn't know since I never accept that one)

If you do, I see no difference between that and changing civics because they requested it, since you get a negative diplo modifier for refusing either.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes, you do. One is a trade, one is not, though ... I think that's the difference in theory. (You can't cancel a trade deal for 10 turns, so you get a peace treaty for 10 turns to prevent you from canceling it). Admittedly you can't really cancel a 400 gold gift either, but it's the theory that matters
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I look at it since I'm taking a negative hit if I refuse, I should get something if I accept. Especially since every AI does it in order to hurt your dip rating.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Note that if you make demands the AI considers undoable, you do not take a diplo hit relative the demandee. It does seem as tho the AIs are deliberately ruining your diplomatic relations, as rah indicates. Pretty sophisticated programming if the AI actually has such goals. I think the program makes the AI behave like four-year-olds; they want what you have and they don't. Silly, really, but 4-year-olds can throw serious tantrums when told "No."

Comment

Working...
                    X