Couple questions i havent been able to find an answer to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, no idea. They should though
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I think that would make tanks somewhat overpowered....You'd need pentagon, barracks, theocracy, vassalage, and two settled GG, but you could get to commando. You can do this with MI though as Bouddica.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

MI don't have Blitz, though

I'm trying to create super-units

Comment

Concerning number of workers, basically if a city is working an unimproved tile, you either don't have enough workers or aren't using them well enough. Number of workers is about keeping up with the population growth of your cities this way, and for roads to hook up cities asap.

When you're founding a new city, don't have just a settler go by his lonesome. You need a worker to along with him and if there are trees, chop a monument (unless you're creative or have Stonehenge) and he should also chop a new worker. If you have a religion, have a missionary go along as well.

This all means that the city will start growing culture and useful tiles right away, instead of just sitting there costing you maintenance, thus slowing down your research.

Comment

Improve food before chopping forests

And you should have roaded to the new city site to speed it's founding too.
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

You don't have to improve food before chopping forests, not if you don't want to. If you really just want to destroy the forest as soon as possible then you can do that. Build only workers everywhere, chop them all and use them all to chop all the trees in all the land. Then build an army and annex your neighbors territory and chop all the trees there. Turn off the Domination and Conquest victories and conquer the whole world till there's no tree left on the entire planet. Then go to a hilltop and sing "No trees anywhere! No trees anywhere!" at the top your lungs.

Comment

You should chop forests to get workers, then improve food

Road to new city spot??? Krill, are you giving disinformation now? I'm fairly sure you don't do this in MP

Comment

You just wasted six seconds of your life reading this sentence.
                  I just wanted to say I don't read that slow. 1/2 second tops.

Of course, I wasted a minute posting this.

[ok]

"I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes. "

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

Road to new city spot??? Krill, are you giving disinformation now? I'm fairly sure you don't do this in MP
                    Being as paranoid as i am, i actually never exclude the possibility, that players mainly playing MP, do disinformation. Of course this is not meant to insult anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikomakkos
                      You don't have to improve food before chopping forests, not if you don't want to. If you really just want to destroy the forest as soon as possible then you can do that. Build only workers everywhere, chop them all and use them all to chop all the trees in all the land. Then build an army and annex your neighbors territory and chop all the trees there. Turn off the Domination and Conquest victories and conquer the whole world till there's no tree left on the entire planet. Then go to a hilltop and sing "No trees anywhere! No trees anywhere!" at the top your lungs.
                      Depends on the food, but if you improve say, a grassland cow, or irrigated corn/wheat, you grow to size 2 quicker and can slave a worker out sooner, so you get more worker turns than chopping 2/3 forests into it to build the worker. Of course, improving an unirrigated rice is pretty useless, so chopping would be nicer there. But normally if you have a worker ready to start improving the food the turn tyhet settler plants the city, then you chould also get one chop into a worker as well.

For example, if you can have a worker on a forest, or on an irrigated corn, then chop the forest or improve the corn, you would get an extra 5*3 food from improving the food first, and you'd still get the hammers from the chop.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

Depends on the situation. If I have a good capital I'll get out a second worker to help improve it then both can road to the second city site to speed up it's founding. If I have a crap capital I'll just get the first worker and try to get the second city up asap, but chopping speeds it up faster than just roading to the city site (eg 4 roads are needed to speed city construction by 1 turn, that is 12 turns at best, or that could be 40 hammers from forest chops).

Comment

Originally posted by Unimatrix11

Being as paranoid as i am, i actually never exclude the possibility, that players mainly playing MP, do disinformation. Of course this is not meant to insult anyone.
                          None taken. I might have, in the past, omitted from giving exact methods of performing ideal strategies, but I don;t think I've ever intentionally claimed a bad strategy/tactic to be better than it is. I can be/have been plain wrong before though, I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by okblacke

I just wanted to say I don't read that slow. 1/2 second tops.

Of course, I wasted a minute posting this.

Comment

I need to read the manual.
                              Strength & Honor!

Comment

Better to read the threads.

Welcome to Apolyton Zenn-La.
                                And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Working...
                                X