Reduce # of resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduce # of resources

Is there any way to control scarcity of resources for a map?

Yes. Look for CIV4BonusInfos.xml which you'll find in Assets/XML/Terrain. If it's for BtS though, you'll need to look in the Warlords folder as BtS doesn't have it's own. And be sure to copy the file to Custom Assets before you make any changes.

Comment

Some mapscripts also let you adjust this.

Comment

Another way would be to take your starting map, go into world builder, and delete many of the resourses.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think we should increase resources, such as add popcorn health/happy resource, available with the tech that provides the Hollywood Wonder.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

That would be a bonus to the 'corn' tile.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Also you can go into the editor and remove the offending resources in 4000 BC (or any other time for that matter).

In my current map I didn't like seeing all that Iron in what amounted to a portion of Anartica extending into the playable map and wiped it.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
              X