Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you take with you on a deserted island?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you take with you on a deserted island?

Familiar scenario, I'm sure. Three or more continents, big, small, in between. There are few guys on the bigger one; chances are, one will emerge as a top dog, with stupid lead. Me, I'm on a small continent, no contact with anyone else untill optics; or my only contact was crushed under my feet, for lebensraum. Usually, when I finally make contact, the top dog has such a lead, that I might aswell call it quits; once he gets astronomy, he'll squash me. (Usually starting by sending one boat with three guys... Eh.) Anyways. Who, and of which civ, would be best suited to try to keep up in tech and economy? And are there any general tips, tech priorities, must-build wonders, civics?

Trying to learn something, every day...
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Generally, isolation is not good unless you are ind/fin and get a lot of gold mines. The AIs share techs and don't fight much until all the land they can reach is occupied.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Also you can jump all the way to astronomy from optics to try and get back in the game.
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

i would choose either cyrus of persia or the other guy of germany not bismark...but what difficulty level are we talking about?
        no more turns...

Comment

When I've been way behind in tech, Mansa Musa always takes pity on me, even to the point of gifting me techs.
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Actually, as to the OP question, I would take none of the above. Angelina Jolie of course.

Wodan

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11
              Actually, as to the OP question, I would take none of the above. Angelina Jolie of course.

Wodan
              I doubt you'd say the same thing after one week

Comment

Originally posted by couerdelion
                I doubt you'd say the same thing after one week
                You could be right.

Comment

Ah, but what a week!

Comment

I'd take my chances.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                      I'd take my chances.
                      That Mr. "Fight Club" wouldn't find out?
                      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Have you seen the previews of his latest film? He's getting old.

On the other hand so am I, so upon reflection I guess that's a wash.

Wodan

Comment

Mansa Munsa is the most trade happy charachter in the game. If you are alone on an island with him, you dont conquer, you vasalize. Perfect trade partner for the rest of the game.

Now if You really meant, alone. well any Philo leader can keep up with the tech trading on the continent played correctly.
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11
                            Have you seen the previews of his latest film? He's getting old.

On the other hand so am I, so upon reflection I guess that's a wash.

Wodan
                            Well, there's a a rather nice CGI-version of her undoubtedly stored somewhere, from the production of Beowulf. Sooner or later, we can up her to a hallu-deck!

Thanks for the input, everybody.
                            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                            X