No announcement yet.

When to go for Buddhism for sure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of religion becomes a pain in the neck if none of your pre-Optics rivals has one either. If they all get founded on another continent, then happiness becomes a pre-Astronomy problem. If at least one rival on your turf founds a religion, then share it until you are strong enough to take the shrine. With aggressive AI on, religion cannot be any but a fortuitous goal. At least one of your rivals will focus on military. If the power graph shows you as weak, then you get to be the target. In that case the piety of your people in your founded religion won't defend you, swords and guns will.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
      Lack of religion becomes a pain in the neck if none of your pre-Optics rivals has one either.
      Oh, happy day! Make sure you found a mid-game religion (such as Philosophy) and get free religion spread to many cities for massive Shrine income.

Wodan

Comment

With "Choose Religion" on as I normally play, the only differences between religions are which resource gets you half price catherdrials along with with Holy Mountain or Blessed Sea quests, the Olympics random event, possibly a few other random events.

So if you know you don't have Stone or Marble but don't have the tech to know about Copper, the Copper religions are slightly more advantegous to choose since you might actually have that resource.

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Zealot

Why not having either stone or marble makes any influence on the religion you go after?
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by joncnunn
          With "Choose Religion" on as I normally play, the only differences between religions are which resource gets you half price catherdrials along with with Holy Mountain or Blessed Sea quests, the Olympics random event, possibly a few other random events.

So if you know you don't have Stone or Marble but don't have the tech to know about Copper, the Copper religions are slightly more advantegous to choose since you might actually have that resource.

Originally posted by Zealot

Why not having either stone or marble makes any influence on the religion you go after?
          That's very interesting jon, you might be up to something new there (at least to me).
          Could you do a list on which resource is needed for what religious buildings and quests?
          "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
          Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
          Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
          Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Working...
          X