The impenetrable city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Come?

Nobody mentioned what was obvious to me. You should try to attack a civ with 3 stacks each with 2x the cats as regular units. Set up outside of 3 different cities and when all is ready go for it. What I've been doing is as new troops become available, pick a hilly spot just back of the 3 cities and in the middle. This way your enforcements are ready to go in the direction they are needed most and in the unlikely event that the AI gets through your attack you have a force to meet them with. Seems to work fairly well.

Comment

Re: How Come?

Originally posted by logicman49
      Nobody mentioned what was obvious to me. You should try to attack a civ with 3 stacks each with 2x the cats as regular units. Set up outside of 3 different cities and when all is ready go for it. What I've been doing is as new troops become available, pick a hilly spot just back of the 3 cities and in the middle. This way your enforcements are ready to go in the direction they are needed most and in the unlikely event that the AI gets through your attack you have a force to meet them with. Seems to work fairly well.
      That's "obvious" ? Seems bass-ackwards to me. If you have that kind of numbers of units (able to support not one but 3 stacks plus a 4th stack of reinforcements), then just attack the AI in overwhelming strength all in once place.

Splitting your forces invites defeat in detail, which is a pretty classic military blunder.

Wodan

Comment

Several HA would make that city ripe for the taking by"flanking" the Cats. The rest is all a question of your number of killers versus his number of victims.
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Umm, you can't flank in a city...
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

News to me. Obviously been wasting my cavalry, which appear to damage his cannons. Illusions ...
            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
            X