No Promotion for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Promotion for me

is there one you avoid like the plague ?

yet to do
    Ambush
    Ace
    Blitz
    Charge
    Commando

out of those

might go for Blitz next time around
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Commando isn't usefull against an AI.
    Charge, useful all of the time...well, maybe.
    Blitz, only if you have already reached C5.
    Ace, never used myself, always win games before aircraft.
    Ambush, see above.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

What is Charge, again?
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
        What is Charge, again?
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

IIRC, the Charge promotion is the "+25% vs. siege" thingy.

Blitz is really nice to have for a few of my cavalry, gunships, and especially destroyers (to wipe out those huge stacks of frigates & galleons).

Commando I like for those special penetration missions, saving someone's bleep after he almost died in an attack, or other extra-mobile reserve in enemy territory. Used for infantry and cavalry/armor.

I actually get these promos most games since I succumbed to the dark side and raised the XP upgrade limit from 10 to 100 (MAX_EXPERIENCE_AFTER_UPGRADE in GlobalDefines.xml). Allows for much more unit variability over the ages.

Comment

Hmmm, maybe I should turn to the dark side myself? It's frustrating when you have that high XP units ending up in a status quo cause of an upgrade. Is that change instant, e.g. also valid for current games?

I might use all of that promotions depending on the situation. Ace I rarely use but that's cause I don't have so many planes with high XP (they get shot down )

Comment

All those nifty promos are really for your great general units. Whom by the way, dont loose xp on upgrades.

Comando is by far better than moral. +1 move is nice, but using enemy roads is nicer. with of course, the exception of blitz units.
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

I don't use the Interception promotions.
                And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Commando > morale for most units. The problem is that you can't use enemy roads for your stack, and I'm not using my GG as a lone star... unless he gets an 'invisibility' promotion anyway
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I like to get some horse units up to blitz, then upgrade to gunships. Gunships with blitz are so useful in a fight.

That's about the only one I use from the list in the first post.
                    Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
                    http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

Working...
                    X