Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposed corporate victory condition - thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed corporate victory condition - thoughts?

I've been playing with corporations lately and have been tossing around the idea that there should be some kind of way to win the game through corporations.

How about a global corporate takeover.?
    If you spread a corporation founded by you to x % of the world then you win the game.

Corporations come in late enough making it a fairly difficult victory condition.

Other civs can do thing about your attempted global domination, such as prevent corporations spreading using mercantilism or even boot out your corporations by spreading their own competing corps..

Thoughts?

I definitely think that there should be an economic victory, but without a serious re-working of the corporate system, I don't think your proposal would work in the game. As you pointed out -- it would be way too easy to block just by switching to mercantilism or state property.
    "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Oh it would definitely require game balancing and reworking etc, just like any other addition.

I'm just trying to figure out some mechanics for making corporations more useful. I find that in 99% of my games the game has been won before corporations even come into play.

While I'm here Ill add a brain fart
      Maybe espionage could have a corporation component. eg. topple other corporations, steal resources, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jkp1187
        I definitely think that there should be an economic victory, but without a serious re-working of the corporate system, I don't think your proposal would work in the game. As you pointed out -- it would be way too easy to block just by switching to mercantilism or state property.
        Not quite, if you change the UN so it can enforce any civic not the victory condition becomes interesting.

Even without changing the UN, you can make a compromise by enforcing Environmentalism.
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

I would vote no to a corporation victory. It's too spesific and not really a domination so to speak.

Comment

Sadly I'd agree. I already turn off diplo victory due to the silliness happens. I'm sure I'd turn off corporate victory if there was one.

Besides, I'm an old fool, and my first love is still "state property".
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

no go, sorry

just like a spy victory
              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

No to Corporate victory.

However a "Corporation " mod might be fun to play once in a while.
                And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

A more general economic victory would be kind of cool. On the other hand, I suppose that if you're eleigble for some kind of economic victory, like say, account for 66% of the world GDP, it wouldn't be super hard to turn that into many of the other victories, provided you maintain that level of domination.

Comment

Corporation victory: Found at least 4 corporations and have all four of them spread to 66% of the world.

That would be hard, since corps compete with each other, but would require OB with many other civs and a lot of trade + gold.

Comment

Hard, certainly.

Fun? Probably not...

Victory conditions need to be fun first, balance for hard can come later. I have yet to hear a realistic corporate victory condition that would also be fun (and I've been having these discussions since before BtS)...
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I suspect it is more fun to BE the Bilderburgers (the so-called Capitalist Cabal that runs the world) than it would be to game them. An economic victory that is fun to play in the context of the current Civ design (which is really still Civ II on steroids) could probably be built in (as were culture and religion), but the basis for that is only hinted at now. I'm like Rah, in that I turn off diplo victory because of all the contextually nonsensical stuff that can happen with that option on.
                        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                        X