BtS disc problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BtS disc problem

hi. so i'm having a problem with my BtS disc. when i put it in my computer, its no longer recognized in the drive as Civ IV: BtS. it just comes up as 'Disc2' and inside theres only one file, 'data3.cab'.

now i have had this problem before, and i searched around online and the only solution i could come up with was that my disc was corrupted. i thought that was pretty lame, considering i've never had a game disc just spontaneously stop working (and ive had some games for 10+ years), but ok, whatever, it happens. so i bought a new one.

now, after only 2 months, my new disc is doing the exact same thing. its not scratched at all, and my computer is basically unchanged (i cant imagine a software change suddenly making a cd unreadable). firaxis tech support is so bad its insulting. does anyone have any insight on this?

Firaxis doesn't have tech support, so perhaps that's your problem? Take2 is the game manufacturer and thus tech support folks.

It's not impossible the disc was somehow damaged (it's absolutely scratched at least a little, the cd tray scratches it at minimum; it may just be too little for you to see).

If you can, take it to another computer somewhere and see if it works properly there (at least is viewable as BtS); if it is, then it's your computer. If not, then it's a bad disc; call 2KGames support for a replacement.

More likely I'd think would be a CD drive driver issue... but it's unlikely for that to suddenly occur. However, some software changes can affect this; for example, copy protection software can sometimes have unintended effects on your CD-rom (such as EA uses).

Check device manager to see if your CD-Rom is functioning properly; if it has a yellow (!) then it is not Check http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;q314060& for the most likely fix, or reinstall the driver.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

If you are trying to run BtS then Disc 2 will not work. You need to have Disc 1 in your drive to play BtS.

Comment

That would make sense also

Comment

oops i meant disc1, sorry i was writing that from memory. it turns out it was a copy protection issue from another game i installed. thanks for the help snoopy, i appreciate it.

Comment

No problem Glad it's working!

Comment

Working...
            X