BTS install problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTS install problem

when prompted to insert disc 2 and clicking 'ok,' i get a catastrophic error, and the wossname aborts.

any help?
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

I'd surmise that the game just doesn't like you.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

why thank you. that is far and away the most helpful advice i've ever received.

Comment

My guess would be you have a bad disc. Did you try returning it for another copy?

Comment

your PC is just begging you for mercy.
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by self biased
            why thank you. that is far and away the most helpful advice i've ever received.
            My pleasure!

I couldn't really help you with your problem (my version of Civ4 is on dvd with both expansions and installs properly) but I figured your thread could use a free bump. Because, you know, it could fall off the front page of this forum...
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Hmm. Do you have a specific error code? Installshield errors are often googleable. Sometimes it can be fixed by removing Installshield, or other similar things.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

it might be doing that because i don't have warlords. it wouldn't even install until i had patched the original game. i'm going to give it another shot.

Comment

feature: default feature.
                  component:
                  file:
                  error: catastrophic error.
                  blargh blargh honk blargh. this happens after i instert disc two and click 'ok.'

Comment

Originally posted by self biased
                    it might be doing that because i don't have warlords. it wouldn't even install until i had patched the original game. i'm going to give it another shot.
                    I only have vanilla and BTS and it installed. I also had to patch the original.

It sounds like a bad CD.
                    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

righto. back to wally-world i go.

Comment

or not. they don't apparently have another copy for me to exchange it with. my question to you is can one illegally download something they already own.. .youknow... for archival purposes?

Comment

You're trying to save the $20 to get a new disc, or you're trying to save the time / effort?

Wodan

Comment

Working...
                          X