VS builder civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VS builder civs

i am finding this game alot harder to warmonger. too much things get in the way of my world domination compared to my days playing in civ3. That and Im still trying to get used to the new combat system.

What are my options against a builder civ? Is there any way I can break the relationship between 2 civs that are pleased with each other and shares religion? Im currently playing a game with friends and So far we've been playing a quiet dull game and I'd like to start warmongering to add some drama. Its 4human 4AI and everyones pretty much friendly with each other.
    :-p

Pleased AIs won't stand up for each other usually so just pick the weakest one and attack him/her. Get the ball rolling and war just might break out all over.

Comment

Yup - pick your target and go and them.

What Civ are you and are you playing BtS?
      I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

This is game 1....

Huayna Capac - Arabs <--- me
        Huayna Capac - Aemrica
        Kublai Khan - Zulu
        Hannibal - Byzantine

AIs
        Wang Kon - Ottomon
        Hammurabi - Spanish
        Saladin - Viking

- IM the only hindu but relations are so far great. AI and my friends are split between Judaism and buddhism. Byzantine has holy city for buddhism.

- In middle ages. My military is weak but Im not the preferred target. And Im waiting on guilds so I can get my Camel Archers.

Comment

Spread Hinduism into the AI's that you do not want to attack - convert them - then attack - this will help ensure that the AI's do not join together.

Again - are you playing Beyond the Sword or an earlier version?
          I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Game 2...

Darius - HRE <----me
            Genghis khan - zulu
            Huayna capac - Arab

AIs
            Bismarck - portugal
            Zara Yaqob - khmer
            A. Ceasar -Celt

Late Middle ages. My hopeful target is Arabs (hes focusing on building), but he's got buddhism which khmer(leading AI) shares. Im pleased with the guy so Im not worried unless I start warring with my arab friend. I cant send missionary since he has theocracy either. Only about half of his cities has my religion.

My military in this game is #1. Arabs have musketmen but I think I can plow through his small forces with giant stacks of Landsknechts Catas Knights and Crossbows. It just the 2 front war with AI im worried about.

I am playing BTS

Comment

Try bribing him to convert.

Have you considered your espionage options?

Comment

shall i focus my espionage points into arabs or khmer?

And bribe.... yes thats a good i dea khmer is pleased with me so im sure that will work... I'll have to wait until nextweend for all the folks to gatherup and play.. :T

Comment

I would say the Khmer - I am working from memory here, but - it all depends on what Espionage options you have available to you.

If he does attack when you go for the Arabs - use spies to cripple him. Or just cripple him before you attack - either way works.

Comment

hmm i cant even tell him to adopt or convert. is there a tech i need?

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
                      hmm i cant even tell him to adopt or convert. is there a tech i need?
                      You probably need to spread your religion to his cities more. Which is impossible if he's running theocracy.

You could use try using espionage to force a religion change but I believe you need quite a bit of EP invested before that even becomes an option.

Comment

well it turns out thocracy is his favorite civic. bummmer.

Comment

Working...
                        X