Christianity in 3610 BC????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christianity in 3610 BC????

Is this a glitch? I started a new game and after a few turns, the message comes up that I founded Christianity. I didn't even invent anything yet.
    Attached Files

Not from a hut presumably? Never seen a religion from a hut before if it was.
    www.neo-geo.com

Comment

can't found religions from goodie huts
      The axeman cometh...

Comment

Fake ? (edited screenshot or game?) There is NO way to get theocracy by then, exept giving you some great prophets to sacrifice with the editor.

BtW : You probably hid your score on purpose

Comment

Choose religions selected?

Or are you playing a scenario/mod? Did you play one and switch to a normal play w/o unloading the mod?
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

No, I swear I did not use cheats, editors or mods.
            I checked the science advisor and theocracy wasn't invented. It really was a popup out of nowhere.
            After the message, I had the option to choose the religion and it did spread to my second city.

I play this game for just a few weeks now, and I thought it was a random event or something.
            But reading your reactions, it was probably a glitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Colm
              No, I swear I did not use cheats, editors or mods.
              I checked the science advisor and theocracy wasn't invented. It really was a popup out of nowhere.
              After the message, I had the option to choose the religion and it did spread to my second city.
              You just said it right there- you must have choose religion activated. So you found polytheism or whatever and took christianity.

Comment

Hmm, advanced start seems most likely but 26 turns in doesn't make sense. I wonder if there's an event that does it? Or, you popped a hut that gave you a religious tech (thought that wasn't possible, but who knows)?

Notice that hunting is half researched and 7 remaining - that doesn't make sense for the cause (researching a tech). Besides, he'd remember researching it ...
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

did u get a missionarry with it?
                  :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
                    did u get a missionarry with it?
                    Yep.

Comment

Choose religion option. PRE researched hunting and changed to med or poly half way through.

Only possible that I can think of.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Not if he got a missionary with it... none of the first 3 do (and missionaries come based on techs, not based on religion name, of course).
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

The Lord works in mysterious ways?
                          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Working...
                          X