No announcement yet.

Do you guys cheat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cheated last night. I launched a spaceship that only had a 20% chance of success, because I didn't know it had only a 20% chance.

When it failed, I went to worldbuilder and made a scenario, which brings the spaceship back.

Started the scenario and finished building out the spaceship.

This was an OCC game and I only had 69 turns left after the failure of the first space mission.

Now, I will check the "regenerate random seed" button for every game.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I cheated 10 min ago... (sounds like confession ^^). A great game was going on, and my best ally and neighbour declared war on me out of nowhere and razed my main science city. That freaked me out and i used the editor to get my city back and DELETE him. 10 sec after i left that broken game.

Comment

What was you + diplo score with him at the time?
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I use the world builder to keep the great wall expanding around my borders when I have it, and when I get a coast start with a water resource, which I change into crabs since I grew up on the Chesapeake Bay.

I have never designed my own map though, no patience for that.

Comment

Originally posted by guermantes
            As for the topic, I would never go into worldbuilder in a game, though probably not because I feel strongly about cheating but more because I don't want to ruin the pleasure of fog busting and discovering resources and other civs. That's the greatest thing about this game!
            Agreed! I'll regenerate the start until I get something I like, reload if I mistype or mis-click, and I'll quit if the game stops being fun.

Comment

ha! I cheat all the time. although I am totally against it, I am forced by Civ itself, it is just too damn difficult on higher levels. depends on the gamesettings and map how much cheating is done. examples: add fishing to ghandi at the start (deity level), advanced start with 2 cities, or sometimes I change a whole continent to accommodate my needs.

and yes, I save and load a lot of huts to get techs. just techs, love them, need them (when playing Gilgamesh).

my next game though will be deity one with Asoka on Islands, try to go for a non-cheating game (just the tech-huts, on islands the impact of those 2 huts will be minor, I don't see this as cheating).

and that is basically what my only problem with the game is: the AI is too easy on lower levels, and the advanced start they get is OK. on higer levels the AI level is just about right, but they get a too big advance at the start in order of units and techdevelopment....

if they don't cheat I won't either ;-)

Mc

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                What was you + diplo score with him at the time?
                Something like +14 or so... it was Gilgamesh, and the only thing he didn't like with me was a border tension.

Comment

Yeah +14 is tough. I had one where I was +17, currently in a common war, and ahead of him on the PG and was attacked (by NA). That's when I stopped worrying about diplomacy. I always turn off tech trading so there's not a lot of benefit to being nice to them. I'm going to kill the all eventually anyway.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I cheat in three ways.

When I start, I check for the resource that is needed to build my UU. I mean, the huns aren't the huns without horses. I'll put them somewhere were my second or third city will go.

I also allow myself two hands of God a game. Basically when the AI starts a silly war like Monty moving a SOD across multiple cultures to start a war, specially if he is not friendly with the lands he crossed.

I will occasionlly give myself the Great Wall when I am just sick of the barbarians.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X