Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reformation Religious Civic

Reformation
    -2 Relationship with civilizations of the same state religion.
    Half the money from shrines
    25% Beaker increase

Thoughts?

Worthless compared to Free Religion ^^, i'd rather keep my money and get better relations with anyone else. And that's without talking about the happyness and culture boost.

Comment

It brings back my comments that I would like to see religious schism implemented.

Anyway, +25% science is kind of overpowered. Free religion gives only +10%. How about negate AP, as long as one person from that religion is doing reformation, the AP would have no effect.

Comment

Originally posted by TriMiro
        It brings back my comments that I would like to see religious schism implemented.
        How about negate AP, as long as one person from that religion is doing reformation, the AP would have no effect.
        That would be overpowered too. But it would seem normal to be able to ignore AP (not beeing forced to ignore AP, but to have the choice, for each decision).

Comment

Reformations could be very interesting, there could be some enabling tech (Theology would be the obvious one except for already having Christianity hanging off it) which the first person to with each faith could use to reform a religion.

You might get a two or three or choices of 'reform' to make to your state religion which could push it in a more war like, peaceful, financial or whatever else direction.

Not necessarily 'better' but different.
          www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Don't like it for game. Good thinking though.
            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Not sure how you figure halved income from shrines, reformation should put you in controll of your church and thus give the state a whole lot of new income (and a one time money boost to boot).
              Possibly it should give you a new mini shrine in your capital called state church rediverting the income that formerly went to the religion shrine which might be in another civ over to you (but you'd just get paid for the cities that you yourself controll).
              Still not a good name for a civic though, and the science boost seems way high.
              No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik
                Not sure how you figure halved income from shrines, reformation should put you in controll of your church and thus give the state a whole lot of new income (and a one time money boost to boot).
                Possibly it should give you a new mini shrine in your capital called state church rediverting the income that formerly went to the religion shrine which might be in another civ over to you (but you'd just get paid for the cities that you yourself controll).
                Still not a good name for a civic though, and the science boost seems way high.
                Sorry for coming back so late. The reason why I thought of half gold from shrines was from the RL Protestant schism, in which, among other things, was over the selling of indulgences. (I was thinking less King Henry the VIII, and more about Martin Luther)I thought halving the gold from the shrines could reflect that.

I wasn't too sure of the science boost. How about 15%?

Maybe change the name to "Reform"?

Comment

Working...
                X