Graphics driver issues - blue screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vampgelus

I know that i push my machine to it's limits... but i'd like it to handle this a little better, since i am pretty sure it can.
    I'm not so sure about your video card being able to handle extra-huge maps. It depends on what you mean by that really. As I mentioned, my 7950GT was a better card than that in many ways and I wouldn't consider pushing it much past Huge. And your processor's not bad but I still wouldn't consider playing with 20 civs on it. I'm using an AMD X2 6000+ at 3.0 ghz and things still get a bit laggy at the end of the game with just the default civs on a slighty larger than Huge map. Rebooting the game helps with that, but it will gradually end up getting sluggsh again after awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

I'm not so sure about your video card being able to handle extra-huge maps. It depends on what you mean by that really.

Rebooting the game helps with that, but it will gradually end up getting sluggsh again after awhile.

The Mod: Adds map size 'Planetary' (192x120),
      I go down from the default 24 civs to 18 for that map type. And i noticed lately that my problem NEVER occurs if i reboot the game every 2-3h in deed. Anyone having problems should try this method first. Costs you about 5 minutes each time (allowing you to get an eye on the forum btw ) and really helps.

Comment

Working...
      X