New Civ player questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Civ player questions...

I'm a new civ player and I have a few questions(keep in mind that I've only played on settler so far, so I don't know if that makes a difference).
    1. Are there any leaders that want to go to war the second that you meet them? So far all of the leaders that I've played with/against have been way to friendly to me and others. Also, even when they appear to not like a certain nation, they almost never declare war unless I pay them a huge amount of money to do so. Even then, nothing extreme ever happens. They never invade eachother.

2. One of the reasons that my cities are unhappy most of the time is because they say it's too crowded. How can I fix this problem? Or will it fix itself as the years pass?

3. I have the gopld version so I do have warlords. I heard something about vassals and I just wanted to know what they are, how you can get them, and what do they do?

sorry for the long questions. thanks guys.

Hi Fonz333,

Welcome on Apolyton!

An attempt to answer your questions:
    1. I've never seen any civ declare war upon another civ at first meeting. Civs do declare war at each other at later stages in the game though, and certainly if you turn 'aggressive AI' on. (game option).
    Civs may wage wars more often at the higher levels.

2. After a city has grown to a certain size (depends on level) each new 'citizen' adds one unhappy face. That's being explained as "it's too crowded".
    In example: a city of 7 on emperor level means 3 unhappy faces. The bigger your cities are, the more happy buildings/resources/reasons they need. Thus more temples, gems, gold, etc. Your cities can't grow large without you investing in them.

3. Vassals are nations that have either capitulated to a master civ, and became it's puppet, or became a friendly (volunteerly) puppet of a bigger civ. Vassals share peace/war treaties of their masters. A part of the score goes to their master, and the master can request some free resources from that master.
    In BtS a civ can create a vassal by giving a group of cities on another island/continent independance.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
      Hi Fonz333,

Welcome on Apolyton!
      Indeed!

1. I've never seen any civ declare war upon another civ at first meeting. Civs do declare war at each other at later stages in the game though, and certainly if you turn 'aggressive AI' on. (game option).
      Civs may wage wars more often at the higher levels.
      I also have never had an AI declare war on me on the first meeting. There are however some AI's who you know are going to cause you trouble later in the game - such as Monty.

The Aggressive AI setting will change the behaviour of the AI.

2. After a city has grown to a certain size (depends on level) each new 'citizen' adds one unhappy face. That's being explained as "it's too crowded".
      In example: a city of 7 on emperor level means 3 unhappy faces. The bigger your cities are, the more happy buildings/resources/reasons they need. Thus more temples, gems, gold, etc. Your cities can't grow large without you investing in them.

Whipping can help this - but you need to learn how to manage these pressures.
      I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Re: New Civ player questions...

Originally posted by Fonz333
        I'm a new civ player and I have a few questions(keep in mind that I've only played on settler so far, so I don't know if that makes a difference).
        1. Are there any leaders that want to go to war the second that you meet them? So far all of the leaders that I've played with/against have been way to friendly to me and others. Also, even when they appear to not like a certain nation, they almost never declare war unless I pay them a huge amount of money to do so. Even then, nothing extreme ever happens. They never invade eachother.

2. One of the reasons that my cities are unhappy most of the time is because they say it's too crowded. How can I fix this problem? Or will it fix itself as the years pass?

3. I have the gopld version so I do have warlords. I heard something about vassals and I just wanted to know what they are, how you can get them, and what do they do?

sorry for the long questions. thanks guys.
        Welcome to Apolyton Fonz333.

1) Play custom game with 'Aggressive AI' option. ALso if you select your opponents, incluse some with the Agg (Aggressive) trait.

2) Until you learn all the micro-managing techniques, once your city reaches an optimal size (say 12 or 16), you can use the "Avoid Growth' button to cap the city size.

3) What CyberShy said.
        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

wow people here are so friendly! Thanks for your answers guys. you all helped a lot.

Comment

Working...
          X