Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pillage roads

Greetings

At last I found some time to play civ again and I'm very happy about that (for the last 2 constant days ) .
    There is one ace I would like to change so I thought just go and ask Apolyton.
    It is impossible to pillage roads inside your own territory. Not that it is necessary but sometimes I'm just that perfectionist who don't want a road where it was build. You know it is for the optics of my country
    So is it possible to change the behavior of the (some) units that they can do it although its my own territoy?
    sometimes it is the best: to say nothing...

It's technically possible, I think it would be a C++ mod, though.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

You could always declare war on the neighbor nearest to the road... they will come in, and just let them pillage everything. Then destroy them and rebuild to meet your perfectionist needs
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's called world builder.
        Just go in and remove the road.
        Even I wouldn't consider that cheating since I rarely see the promotion that allows you to use your enemy's roads.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Speaking of pillaging, Why are you not given the choice of which improvement to pillage? There are times when I would rather pillage a road than a mine/farm/plantation etc.
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I agree... I like pillaging the roads to slow their response time. The improvements I want to keep for later when I own the land
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Nevertheless, I like road-pillaging. I like the idea of being able to also control the infrastructure if i anyway rule the world. (i think that is wrong grammar )

What a shame it is so hard do implement. I don't have the skills to code it.
              sometimes it is the best: to say nothing...

Comment

I really don't get the road pillaging bit. It's a dirt road. How do you destroy it? Dig a hole? Or few hundred, that's a long strech of land.
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Rah has a good point, just go into world builder and do it that way(in a SP game anyway). Quite easy.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                    I agree... I like pillaging the roads to slow their response time. The improvements I want to keep for later when I own the land

It would be very nice if you could destroy the road network, but keave the improvements behind.
                    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

The whole concept is silly in my view. Imagine your army of berzerker wackos marches in to enemy lands. First you tell them they can't use the road, they look at you funny. Then you tell them to take their swords and destroy the road so the other guys don't use it. They use them to chop off your head...
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Yeah I want to be able to pillage roads before improvements. Especially with bombers - you'd think that if anything could destroy a road it'd be a bomber.

How does a warrior pillage a road... armed only with a crude club and little wit. But then again, I guess it is just a game...

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                          The whole concept is silly in my view. Imagine your army of berzerker wackos marches in to enemy lands. First you tell them they can't use the road, they look at you funny. Then you tell them to take their swords and destroy the road so the other guys don't use it. They use them to chop off your head...
                          Since the tiles represent a large area, I think pillaging roads might be something like blocking them with trees/barricades, destroying bridges and fords, and so forth. I don't think your Macemen pry up all the paving stones from the Roman roads, just deny their use.
                          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

There's one thing I though might be nice. If something is pillaged, or accidentally destroyed, it would not take the whole X turns to rebuild it. With roads, it's not the pavement that's dug up, indeed. Few bridges, some roadblocks. Should be easy to fix after the enemy troops have been dispatched of. Same with mines. I doubt the pillaging actually means, that the ancient troops somehow destroy the mine. They steal the valuables and drive away/kill the miners. Getting the thing back up again should be a piece of cake. Same with everything else.
                            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                            X