Urgent: Change default location of user folders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: Change default location of user folders

I've been testing out something as I've been working on some sort of automated install/ unstall of Civ4. I moved the folders in My documents\My games\Beyon the Sword where you have save games, mods, civilization.ini etc. to a different location and also changed the shortcuts that are in the BtS game folder. I hoped this was enough to have the game use my new location instead of the old one. But when I started the game to test this, it re-created this folders under My Games and also re-created the shortcuts without using the new location at all. Does anyone know how I can change this?

Also, I discovered that there are some settings (Civ-profile + cache) stored in the windows profile under (I think, don't have it here now) the hidden folder Local settings\application data. I also need to change this if anyone know how to...

If you use the /altroot= switch in the startup shortcut, it will use a different root (settings folder). It generally puts it in the same folder as BtS resides, in a subfolder of that with whatever the altroot name is.

There are a few other switches like that, I don't recall all of them.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Thanks a lot! I'll give it a try when I can

Comment

Working...
      X