Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brag Thread (rah, please don't open it!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brag Thread (rah, please don't open it!)

Ok, it's time for me to start a brag thread.
    I won my first immortal game 8)

Large map, Big and Small, 11 civs, Immortal.

I won a space race victory. I only waged some war in the end to grab some additional border cities to expand my score. I ended up with 20.000 points.

I was 3rd in the scorelist, about 150 behind the #1.
    Now I'm up for my 2nd immortal win.............
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

I lost a marathon, monarch game before turn 15 last night. The AI popped a hut just outside my borders (ie in the BFC but before the borders popped). The hut spawned barbs. One appeared right next to my empty capital. Next turn......up came the "victory screen".

I think this is about as early as it is possible to loose.
    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I lost a marathon, prince game about 80 turns in the other day. Random events spawned about 15 barbarian horse archers before anyone on our continent had any sort of sufficient defense. The barbarians then wiped out all 8 civs on my continent. I was last to go. I just followed the barbs around with a scout to watch the carnage, hoping someone else would stop them.

/looks around for barbarian brag thread

Edit: Good work cyber.
      Last edited by chuckdelicious; April 6, 2008, 19:26.

Comment

Congratulations Cybershy

And a raspberry to the barbarians
        You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckdelicious
          I lost a marathon, prince game about 80 turns in the other day. Random events spawned about 15 barbarian horse archers before anyone on our continent had any sort of sufficient defense. The barbarians then wiped out all 8 civs on my continent. I was last to go. I just followed the barbs around with a scout to watch the carnage, hoping someone else would stop them.

/looks around for barbarian brag thread
          You should've followed them around with a warrior.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Congrats.

In response I've decided to move up to Immortal as a standard level, at least for the time being. I've now got over 100 points and 2 cities. How difficult can this be

Comment

Now stalled at around 250 point mark. I think I have started to answer my earlier question

Comment

I may have lost about 300 games before I finally won 8)
                Just keep trying and keep improving your playstyle.
                Learn from your mistake. Keep adjusting your strategy.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Well the easy thing was destroying Stalin’s little empire with Immortals. I felt that having Immortals and a GG was ample reason to see if I could repeat the treatment with Mansa but I’ve got just three turns worth of gold left and haven’t even started the next war.

The key plan, to acquire Alphabet and trade basic techs backfired because the AI is just too unreasonable.

Comment

Congrats CyberShy!!! I have been working on my first Immortal win for a few weeks so I can appreciate what it takes. Maybe I will win one soon, I am getting close.

Comment

Congratulations. ..sigh.. Maybe someday before CiV.
                      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Working...
                      X