X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunships pop out of nowhere?

From the "Strategic advice needed" thread I posted:

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
    I've come across something very curious. A stack of workers was attacked by French choppers deep within my territory. It turned out the distance was perfectly viable from the nearest French city (which I thought wasn't), except that there aren't any French choppers present there. In fact, the whole of France doesn't have choppers and only Lyon is building one. Yet, when I save my game as a scenario and play as France, I start with 2 choppers in that city.
    Originally posted by Wiglaf
    Maybe they were gifted. Also how do you know they have no choppers.
    Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
    Well, to start with I have a fleet near the city so I can see what units are there (also have fighters doing recon over large swathes of France). Next I did was planting spies in all French cities, and then I stole French plans (which is supposed to show you all enemy units). The French simply don't have choppers. And to get choppers gifted, another AI should move them there, right?
    Originally posted by Wiglaf
    Can you post a save of the gunship thing. Maybe someone can id what happened?
    Save file:
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Is it possible to edit the save file so I can play as France?
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Not sure.

Maybe he upgraded Cavalry?
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

No cavalry nearby. You can't upgrade a unit and move it within the same turn either.

Comment

Ah, but you CAN move a unit (so that it has at least one more tile of movement available) and THEN upgrade the unit. I often do so.

Comment

But then it wouldn't be able to attack the workers. The only French cavalry I've found is quite a distance away regardless. Go see for yourself.

Comment

Is there a black helicopters event?
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Ehhhhm WTF. The only that causes global warming is fallout, right? I got global warming while there has been NO fallout. The only war since the nuke age has been the one between me/Aztecs and France/Koreans and I'm pretty damn sure I'd have noticed if nukes had been fired.

I'm starting to believe the save file is borked.

Last edited by Colonâ„¢; April 5, 2008, 12:44.

Comment

What USUALLY causes global warming is not nucs, but a blown nuclear power plant. If your intelligence level is high enough take a thorough look for evidence of the meltdown (either adjacent fallout, or if it's already been cleared, unimproved tiles adjacent to a reduced city).

It seems that though the chance of it is very small, given enough turns (such as at marathon speed), it is almost bound to happen if anyone builds them.

Comment

I'm playing Warlords, but I checked for fallout using the Worldbuilder.

And something else I discovered: it seems the Arabs aren't laying any railroads (they're the most advanced civilization on the planet).

Isn't it possible the save file is broken or something? Those aren't the only weird situations I've come across.

Comment

Got a blue screen of death. That's it, I'm starting a new game.

Comment

Maybe those ****ers don't have coal or some ****. It apparently requires warlords to look at the save and not BTS but I'm sure someone can explain the gunship thing.

Comment

Working...
                        X