Work boats won't change to fishing boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work boats won't change to fishing boats

Early on I sent a work boat out and it set out the net just fine. Now I'm sending a work boat to clams and ... nothing. Same with another I sent to fish ... nothing. I've had this difficulty before.
    Obviously I have the fishing tech and nothing else seems required; and yes, the clams and fish are in my territory.
    Jack

Here's a dumb question. Are you sure you haven't developed the resource? If you use your fishing boat, but are not working the tile, you won't see nets. Mouse over it to see if you have developed it. You can always got into the city and move a citizen to work the tile and see if the graphic changes.
    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I thought you always saw a net around the resource. I'll check it, though; thanks.
      Jack

Comment

Nope, I just put a citizen over both the spots and nothing.
        Jack

Comment

Turn on the food/hammer/coin graphics and you'll know right away.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

post a screenshot...
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Turned on the food/hammer/coin graphics and all I see is an image of a fish or a crab.
              Jack

Comment

what he meant by the f/h/c graphics is it will show how much its producing; if its 5+ food, then the tile has already been improved which is why you cant put your workboat on it.

Or, just hover your mouse over the square. If the fish/clams hasn't been improved, it will say so (in red).

Comment

Is it in the ocean? (an ocean tile as opposed to a coast tile?)
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Yes, I believe one of them is an ocean tile.
                    Jack

Comment

If you have a screen shot handy, please post it.
                      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Are ocean tiles not restricted based on a particular tech - sailing, I think?

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                          Are ocean tiles not restricted based on a particular tech - sailing, I think?
                          I don't think Work Boats can even enter ocean tiles until Astronomy .

Comment

unless the tile is within your cultural borders, in which case it can always go onto the tile, even if it is an ocean tile.

I think, anyway...
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I believe that was changed in BtS (possibly 3.13 even) regarding tiles in your own culture (and for galleys also in this manner... got boated in an MP game for not knowing that), but I don't remember the specific details.

Comment

Working...
                              X