Has anyone seen..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone seen..

A water resource in a fresh water lake in the game? I have not, so I do not know if it is possible. It should be possible, I just dont know if it is.

Don't think that's possible.

Comment

Depends totally on the mapscript. As there are 100's of mapscripts out there by now, I would hesitate to make any general statements.

Wodan

Comment

Re: Has anyone seen..

Originally posted by smbakeresq
        A water resource in a fresh water lake in the game? I have not, so I do not know if it is possible. It should be possible, I just dont know if it is.
        Never have seen it. You would think lakes could have fish, but how would you get a workboat to them?
        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I've seen a number of lakes that had fish in them, but the game doesn't consider them as fresh water. If it's big enough to allow building ships, it seems to be considered salt water. I assume it's based upon size of the body of water, but I'm not sure.
          Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

I had 3 clams in my starting BFC 2 days ago on a small lake. It was considered ocean though.

Comment

IIRC (and I'm not certain of this, this memory is a couple of years old) if an inland lake has more than a certain number of tiles, it's considered a sea, so you can build boats and the Great Lighthouse in any city adjacent to the "sea"
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
              X