spinoff civ problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spinoff civ problem

ok...i'm playing the "next war" mod, terra world...and i've created 2 spinoff civs, one on an island, one on the new world continent. i try to create a new civ on the new woeld continent and when i do, most of the other civs go to war with me...

why????

as an afterthought, its really irritating the way it won't let you create spinoff civs the way you want to...
    "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Could it be a bug? Like the civ that you created was once exterminated and returns now but all the AIs "remember" it as an enemy?

Comment

Do you have the latest patch? Has a civ been conquered in that game?

All civs in the game have an ID. The number of available IDs however is very limited therefore the game recycles the IDs of civs that have disappeared. However when recycling the game didn't reset all the states of that civ properly in earlier versions. Therefore when your vassal is create he has the war & peace states of his previous incarnation at the point he then disappeared. As he's your vassal you have the same war & peace states so you are being dragged into the war.

Solution: patch or go to the WB and make peace.

Comment

This IS a bug (not just with Next War, but with 3.13 generally.) Bhruic's unofficial patch fixes this pending an official patch from Firaxis. Just download it and install as directed in this thread:

Similar to Solver's patch for 3.02, this patch modifies the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file. As with his version, it's best to make a backup of the dll before overwriting it. The source code for the changes is included (multiple files with a .cpp extension). These are only necessary if you will be...

This should be save-game compatible, too...although if you're already at war, you might want to reload from an earlier save file to avoid this issue altogether.
        "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Working...
        X