Resource consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resource consumption

In the real world the United States produces only one third (1/3) of the Oil it consumes.
    I don't suppose there would be any way to address this type of issue in the current game...?

Right now? Probably not. However, I have just thought of an idea: What if the production speed of something increased with every copy of a certain necessary resource that one has available? For example, tanks: +10% production speed per source of oil. (And maybe increase their base production cost a little).
    Known in most other places as Anon Zytose.
    +3 Research, +2 Efficiency, -1 Growth, -2 Industry, -2 Support.
    http://anonzytose.deviantart.com/

Comment

This has been discussed before I agree that the resource model should be different. I don't think giving extra production speed is a good idea, but it should be units like in the Stronghold-games. An oil well could produce a certain amount of oil units each turn that you "eat" from when building units. It would be the same with other resources meaning a grocer would eat a small unit of banana each round and if you don't have enought bananas available, new grocers won't be able to give that health-bonus.

But I think the current game engine has to be rewritten to support this. It might also be quite heavy as the computer must then calculate this each turn making the waiting time between turns unbearable after a while.

Comment

Working...
      X