Vista or graphics card issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista or graphics card issues?

Hi...hope im posting this in the right place.

bought new PB Easynote laptop last week

specs are:

pentium dual core T2310 @ 1.46G
    1.87G RAM
    SiS mirage 3 Graphics

seemed to install the CIV4 ok...went to load and it brought up compatibility window asked to check for fixes none were offered so installed anyway.

when I run the game, I get rapid flashing between game and desktop, and odd mangled and strtched sections of ing game graphics flashing up. ITS UNBEARABLE

Have updated CIV4 to v1.74 , searched for general vista updates, direct x updates, graphics card updates.

any suggestions? Im not at all tech savvy so help would really be appreciated

graphics card, most likely...
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I don't think that graphics chip (it isn't what you could really call a card IMO) has hardware T&L which is required for CIV to work, without it...yeah, CIV doesn't work.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Actually, Mirage 3 does have T+L, though it doesn't support vertex shaders:

That said I wouldn't be shocked if it were the problem anyhow, it barely meets the standard.

First, try causing it to work in Windowed mode by editing the INI file where it gives you the option to do so (search for "windowed" or "full screen"... it should have an explanatory bit before it that fully explains your options.

Anyhow, windowed may work differently than full screen, so that's worth a shot.

Otherwise try adjusting your resolution - either the resolution of your laptop, or the resolution of Civ (again in the ini file).
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by simong

SiS mirage 3 Graphics
          SIS graphics chips are pretty much bottom of the line, so that is most likely your problem. Laptops weren't designed for gaming, especially ones equiped with SIS or Intel video chips. They aren't even cards BTW, they're just chips imbedded into the motherboard.

Comment

Working...
          X