Is the BtS crash problem solved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the BtS crash problem solved?

I've just been reading the "bugs" thread here and am not so sure about buying Beyond the Sword this afternoon as planned. Has that been solved and, if so, how and where?

Much appreciated.
    Jack

Yes. The combination of the official patch 3.13 and the unofficial patch 3.13 fix 99% of issues.

Wodan

Comment

Thanks, Woden.
      Jack

Comment

Originally posted by MyOlde
        Thanks, Wodan.
        Fixed.
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
          Thanks, wodan11.
          fixed.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11
            Yes. The combination of the official patch 3.13 and the unofficial patch 3.13 fix 99% of issues.

Wodan
            ?? This is an unofficial patch on top of the official one?
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Yes.

The unofficial patch 3.13 is really misnamed. It's a patch that fixes the "official patch v3.13". The actual current version of the unofficial patch itself is something like 1.11.

Wodan

Comment

I would like to point out that the game works fine without the unofficial patch...

I, for one, have never had trouble running any version of BTS. Just get it already

Comment

Sabre2th, can I assume you're using the official 3.13 patch, at least?
                  Jack

Comment

I am.

My point is only that people blow these bugs out of proportion...

Comment

Since I play MP, I have not downloaded the unofficial patch from here, and am just using the offical latest patch.

The game runs fine...no problems
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Bascially, the unoffical patch fixes strange AI behavior.
                        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                        Templar Science Minister
                        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

The unofficial patch fixes a lot more than strange AI behavior. Just look at the change log.

While you may not have experienced any problems Ming some of the things it fixes are pretty darn huge, like the vassal inheritance bug.

Wodan

Comment

Yes, the list looks very extensive. That's a lot of mostly important fixes.
                            Jack

Comment

Working...
                            X