Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTW problem

Great Game Dale,

I have a problem with the paratroopers in RTW. The opening rules info box (when you start a new game) states that paratroopers with paratroop promotion can move and fight when they drop in. But I find that they can only move. When I try to attack after a paradrop I just a get a circular red icon (like when you've attacked already and try to do it again).

This may be addressed in the January 2008 patch (I'm in the middle of a game and haven't downloaded it yet for fear of not being able to go back to it).

Also -it would be historically accurate and strategically more interesting if Paratroopers could land in enemy unoccupied cities. I don't think they can do that currently. A minor suggestion for an absolutely outstanding MOD. Makes me feel a little ungrateful for even suggesting a change to such a great game.
    Last edited by The_Colonel; February 28, 2008, 13:18.

Hi Colonel.

Paratroopers can land and move only when they have the Paratrooper promotion. If the don't have it, the can only land.

About landing in cities, I took that stance because it became a human exploit (during testing) to sit a spy near AI cities and jump paratroops whenever the AI emptied the city.

Comment

Paratroopers

I understand Dave but even after I give them the promotion they still can't ATTACK after they land -they can only move. Is that intentional? Shouldn't they be able to attack when they land if they have the promotion?

P.S.
      I take your point well about taking empty cities with Paratroopers

Thanks
      Last edited by The_Colonel; February 28, 2008, 16:12.

Comment

Do you have the add-on pack installed? I seem to remember that BtS release had a bug in RtW that I fixed in the add-on.

Comment

Paratroopers

Yes -I've installed all patches except the Beta you're testing now (from January O8).

Comment

Okay this is confirmed. I'll fix it for the next version.

Comment

Working...
            X