New Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Modo44

Actually, the flash of fire is non-existent as well.
    Maybe, but we have to justify the Special Effects budget somehow.

Wodan

Comment

If time travel is ever going to be possible in the future, we would already have known ...

I mean, we will never be able to go back in time and kill Hitler as a child, simply because that didn't happen. If he was killed as a child, the scientists in the future wouldn't realise that they had to send an assasinator to kill him.
      Last edited by -SafaN-; February 27, 2008, 10:35.
      http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by -SafaN-
        If time travel is ever going to be possible in the future, we would already have known ...

I mean, we will never be able to go back in time and kill Hitler as a child, simply because that didn't happen. If he was killed as a child, the scientists in the future wouldn't realise that they had to send an assasinator to kill him.
        I think you forgot about the Hitler Time Travel Exemption Act

Comment

Originally posted by -SafaN-

If time is a single stream, you're correct. But that's not necessarily true under any of the several alternate-universe models for time travel.

Wodan

Comment

"The AI invests much more effort into preventing barbs from forming in outlaying areas of landmasses they control than a human does."

You know one game I tried to "farm the barbarians". I got a whole bunch of military units and just ran them around outside my cities to get them up to 10 experience.

Comment

You must think in a fourth dimension, Marty. When you went back to the past, your tank could appear in barbarian land. If barbarians caught the tank, they could destroy you and you will never discover tanks, which would generate a huge time loop with disastrous consequences for the space-time continuum.
              Last edited by Don Pablo; March 1, 2008, 23:22.

Comment

Hitler had 4 attempts on his life, all of them WERE from the future! But they all failed..
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

If your in the multi-stream time travel mode, then the moment you sent your tank back, you caused a split. Your own stream is totaly unaffected; go ahead and wipe out your archenemy then, he's still around in your own timestream.

Now if your in a single-stream mode, then you must be very careful. You may actually cause your empire to shrink by wiping out nearby opponents in their infancy. One of the Star Trek Voyages episoages focuses heavilly on this.
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Well, it's grown tedious waiting until I discover future tech to reload. So now I've decided just to start all my games with the time travel occurring on the first turn.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                    X