Map regeneration keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map regeneration keys

I've searched everywhere here I can think of, so forgive me: what is the keystroke combination to regenerate a map?
    Jack

It can only be done during the 1st turn.
    You go to the menu (esc) and pick "regenerate map" from the menu.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I think he meant a keyboard combination, like "ctrl-alt-R" or something

Can't help you MyOlde, but I'd sure would like to know myself if such combination exists

Comment

Ah, and here I was hoping this thread would tell me where I could find the key to regen a specific map. I've had a number of lovely maps that's I'd like to replay with different civs and other settings.
        For some the fairest thing on this dark earth is Thermopylae, and Spartan phalaxes low'ring lances to die -- Sappho

Comment

Originally posted by Yaga
          Ah, and here I was hoping this thread would tell me where I could find the key to regen a specific map. I've had a number of lovely maps that's I'd like to replay with different civs and other settings.
          If you still have the 4000 B.C. autosave, you can do this with world builder, just takes a little work. If you have a save that is later in the game, but has the landform you want, you can still do it, but reforesting and removing all cities/improvements from the map will require alot more work, unless there is a shortcut I am unaware of. (For how to do this, see Dale's worldbuilder guides at the creation forum)
          You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Originally posted by Seedle

If you still have the 4000 B.C. autosave, you can do this with world builder, just takes a little work.
            Yeah -- I think it would be cool though to have the generation key available. Be much easier to post favorite / challenging / interesting maps if we could just get the key to autogen the map.
            For some the fairest thing on this dark earth is Thermopylae, and Spartan phalaxes low'ring lances to die -- Sappho

Comment

Again, like said above, just pick it up from the 4000 BC autosave, which is always saved for any given game in the autosave folder. That IS the map, you can do whatever you want with it at that point (restart the game with the same civs, or go into worldbuilder and change the civs or whatever). The 4000 BC save is quite small
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
              X