Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Knights of the Modification, Rally to MEEE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Knights of the Modification, Rally to MEEE!

I've got a simple mod idea but no such talent. The settler unit should be a hot chick, the scout a guy. The settlerette should not be visible on the map and not movable until her charms are revealed. The scout has to find her in order for you to erm...consumate a city.

We (you) can do it!
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

try here:
    The Playboy Club is your digital destination to interact with the world's most beautiful and interesting women.

Comment

Page cannot be found?

Comment

It was a joke, read the adress

So, how should this work? Like normal Civ but settlers have to "breed" before you get any cities?

Comment

Kinda. The scout would have to find the settler to make it activate. If the settler was anywhere from 5 to 20 hexes away from the scout start point at random, varying from civ to civ it would also vary start dates among the civs which would be different. Did all the civs on earth start in 4000 BC? ...Right.

Comment

Nice link

Comment

Ah, I see, you want some real random starts An interesting idea, but I think the entire game engine has to be rewritten in that case. Or, the mod must have a very slow tech pace and probably start like 10.000 B.C with only a small chance for a scout to meet a settler.

But, in real history, small events have changed the way things seem to go like it was a Tarantino-movie. To keep gameplay, such randomness has to be let out, at least how it is made now.

Comment

Not entirely re-written -- You could mod the start to have every civ begin with a number of units, not including a settler.

Goodie huts would be altered to provide a higher change of providing a settler which, as Lancer suggests, would be a female sprite.

You would also have to up the number of huts, and perhaps delay the onset of barb animals, esp bears to give everyone a fighting chance.

Might also have to set 'Require complete kills'

Don't know how the AI would handle this, of course -- they might freak out not having a city, and use their settler as soon as it spawns rather than look for a decent starting location.

But yeah -- no one starts w/ any techs, no money, just a scout. Totally do-able.
                For some the fairest thing on this dark earth is Thermopylae, and Spartan phalaxes low'ring lances to die -- Sappho

Comment

OMG ! You guys are funny - i laughed my ass off when i read ´the link doesnt work´ - duh ! tho of course i tried it myself.

Comment

The 'MaidenQuest' scn.

There.

I've done the hard part and named it. Now who wants to finish it for me?

Comment

"Don't know how the AI would handle this, of course -- they might freak out not having a city, and use their settler as soon as it spawns rather than look for a decent starting location."-Yaga

Yaga, imo the settlerette wouldn't 'spawn', that's just too wierd. She would lay her eggs in a stream and the scout would...no, no way.

The settlerette would be there, somewhere, out in the darkness of undiscovered lands. The scout would have to search until he finds her. I like the idea of extra settlers in huts and no animals early on as they would eat the settlerette.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer

Now who wants to finish it for me?

sorry I will never supply you with a happy ending
                        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                        X