Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me!! Don't know why game isn't loading!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me!! Don't know why game isn't loading!!!

Hey guys, I'm not the most tech savvy of people but I'm stumped on why my game decided to not run anymore. I bought the game a month ago, installed it with no problems as well as updated it with all the necessary patches, played the game for about 3 weeks then it started running real slow. I uninstalled it and when I reinstall it everything installs correctly but after the install it just stops on the "play, read me, exit" box. If I click on "Play" it does nothing, the box disappears but nothing loads!!!!! The shortcut on the desktop doesn't even load anything either. PLEASE PLEASE, IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS OR HAS HEARD OF THIS HAPPENING LET ME KNOW WHAT A NOOB CAN DO TO FIX IT! THANKS EVERYONE!!!

ANDY

Please Please Help Me!!!

My best suggestion is uninstalling, then manually deleting all folders in the directory before re-installing.

Might be something corrupted somewhere in there.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Definitely sounds like something's up with the install. Can you run it from the program files .exe (not shortcut)? Usually that's
      c:\program files\firaxis games\sid meier's civilization 4\civilization4.exe

(\Warlords\etc. or \Beyond the Sword\etc. for the expansions).
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

i am a bit puzzled about the ´...then it started running real slow´-part. Did you play on a bigger map and/or longer (later game-date) than before ? Did you install new software thats frequently running in the background? Do you defrag your harddrive occasionnaly ?

But my first guess would always be (no matter what): Check your SATA (harddrive) cables - if they sit tight on both ends !

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. It's still not working. I tried to uninstall and delete everything that was associated with it and it still doesn't load.

To answer the second question, No. even when I clicked on the program file link it wouldn't load the game. I've never had that problem before.

To answer the third post, I believe it did start running slower cause of the map I was playing on. I do often de-frag the computer. Whats the deal with the cables you were talking about? I have a laptop, not sure if those cables still apply to this problem. Thanks guys!

Andrew

Comment

If it was crashing; I could guess what's going on, but it sounds from your description that it's not even doing that... Unless there's some XP or Vista setting to skip the crashed program dialog box asking if you want to report it to Microsoft or not.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

My guess is you deleted something you shouldn't have when you uninstalled it-and-deleted things.

1. What game are you playing? Civ4, Civ4 Warlords, Civ4Beyond the Sword? Did you buy them separately (separate boxes/downloads) or as Civ4Complete?

2. If you have something other than basic Civ4, can you run basic Civ4?

I suspect the answer may be deleting a few things you probably don't know to delete, but i'm not sure. If it installs correctly, or at least thinks it's installing correctly, i'm a bit confused because the installer should complain if it's an installation file issue. It's possible your install is not working properly, but ... who knows.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Try this thread, but do be careful when deleting stuff

Comment

Working...
                X