No announcement yet.

A problem!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn, for a moment I thought he was the reincarnation of ottok.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

hi all, after the game didn't work on my PC. I Bought a new laptop (Fujitsu simensV5535), Core'2 Duo, 2 Ghz, Ram : 1 Gb. Graphic: sis up to 256 MB, and all the past problems didn’t appear, but unfortunately a new problem appeared, all the movies in the game, have a problem, they keep shifting and stopping, although when the first menu appeared, the game didn't send me a massage that say : your computer didn't mach the requirements…so my laptop can play the game with high resolution and graphics, so please can anybody tell me what the problem is?

Regards,
      Issagm

Comment

Can he adjust movie resolution w/o affecting everything else?
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

That laptop probably doesn't have a quite valid video card - sis graphics are generally only marginally compatible with Civ (they're integrated iirc). Probably some particular thing they don't emulate as well. You probably should disable movies (an option in the .ini file).

You can try updating the bink video driver, I think that sometimes fixes the issue, but be careful doing so and back up the file before you replace it.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

One thing I remember from when I first installed vanilla CIV4 was that if I enabled antialiasing the movies would be choppy and if I disabled it they would still be choppy, but if I uninstalled and reinstalled (and in the new installation never enabled antialiasing) the movies would play fine.

I don't have choppy movies after using this workaround. And I remember that there were many others who reported the same experience.
            "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Comment

Working...
            X