What's your favourite beeline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnmcd
    Anyone ever oracle engineering at Monarch or above? I could imagine that would be pretty final.
    Best I've Oracled on Monarch is Theology. Still -- built the Apo Palace that game and won a diplomatic victory on turn 496...and all I got was a measly 120k-point score
    For some the fairest thing on this dark earth is Thermopylae, and Spartan phalaxes low'ring lances to die -- Sappho

Comment

Originally posted by couerdelion
      That’s some bee-line. Bet ya can’t do that while everyone else is stuck in the classical period though
      Okay - so I'm not so good at details - you already know this about me.

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by johnmcd
        Anyone ever oracle engineering at Monarch or above? I could imagine that would be pretty final.
        Wouldn't something like Nationalism be easier.

Requires just

Mysticism
        Meditation
        Priesthood
        Writing
        Code of Laws
        Philosophy

Engineering requires

Mysticism
        Meditation
        Priesthood
        Writing
        Mathematics
        Wheel
        Pottery
        Metal Casting
        Construction
        Machinery

Comment

first "beeline" is to get machinery and civil service online before everyone else.

Then its on to liberalism.

Then straight to railroads and assembly line.

After that, just research at random, close my eyes and randomly click til I accidentally select something...
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

This is my current gameplan at Emperor level...

[fill in the missing techs, I just highlight]

Part 1. Bronze>>(critical resource tech for worker, if needed>>Archery

This gives me slavery, chopping, archers, something for my worker to do, and shows me bronze (if any) all before the barbarian hordes appear. Attack, Defense, Production.

Part 2. Pottery>>Writing

I need granaries ASAP (because I have to whip a LOT at Emperor). I want cottages Imejetly, too! - Especially if I have FP. And gimme someplace for my books! And open borders! Gotta be nice to the neighbors (and scout 'em).

Choice - Alpha or CoL? Depends on how many possible tech trading partners I have - if there are a lot, I'll get Alpha first so I can get the maximum amount of tech backfill from trades. So, something like...

Part 3. Alpha>>Priest>>COL, or just >>COL if the neighbors are few and impolite.

By this time, I find my research dropping, and I need courthouses ASAP. COL is needed, even if I don't found Confucianism.

Part 4. >>Literacy>>Civil Service

I may not beeline Lit, but I want to keep in the race and build the Great Library. CS does good things, too.

Early wonders: I usually try for Stonehenge, rarely for Great Wall or Pyramids. I always try for Oracle and GL, unless they are built before I can start. Anything else is a special case, done only if the civ and resources permit.

~~~~

Afterwards, at lower levels, I would be the first to Liberalism (free tech) and Democracy (Statue of Liberty), while doing OK on the military side. On Emperor, I haven't got the hang of things thru the Medieval and Renaissance periods. My builder play-style just doesn't work well on Emperor against Aggressive AI. So, I'm experimenting and learning.

Comment

Working...
            X