The POWA of my Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The POWA of my Culture

Right smack in the midst of Zululand, 3 hexes south of his cap of Ulundi, a patch of reason amidst the chaos. The Zulu are my pals, tried n true.

Even so, this seems odd to me.

Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Happens sometimes
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

One day, on the model of the United States of America, a United States of Europe will come into being.
      -George Washington

Great general, lousy prophet.

Comment

Yeah, not unusual. You've got so much culture in your city that that square would be yours if he didn't have a city there; and he apparently dosn't have much cultrue there, in a square 3 places away from his cities.

Oh, and they kind of heading towards making a United States of Europe. They've all got the same money now, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
          The future is not over yet
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Good luck with that. The Germans and French, Italians and balkan countries, the British and everyone else, the Spanish and themselves... Nice though that so many believe in miracles.

The one space is enlarged a bit. Now includes the spot next to the ocean. With the mountain it cuts completely across the Zuly empire. I suppose I could use that somehow if I wanted to turn on him, which I don't. The reverse might happen though.
            Last edited by Lancer; February 7, 2008, 11:29.

Comment

Re: The POWA of my Culture

Even so, this seems odd to me.
              To me also. I mean, you're winning!?
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Don't be so sure of that. Who knows how the Eurpoean Union will end up. It's still pretty young.

Comment

One day, on the model of the United States of America, a United States of Europe will come into being.
                  -George Washington

Great General? Great statesman for sure, but Great General?
                  And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Lancer: Yeah, you could. With those two squares, your knights could get from your terratory into three different cities of his in one turn at any time, which is pretty cool.

Also, he's not likely to want to break open borders with you, since tht would cut his empire in half. If he does go to war with you, you could then blockade his capital from the water and perhaps completly cut him off from his southern cities, depending on what other trade routes he has.

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er

Great General? Great statesman for sure, but Great General?
                      Pretty lousy general actually

Comment

Actually Great General....kept a bunch of farmers and apprentices together for 6 years against the supposed best army on the planet and beat them on occasion...but keeping an army together was the key.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilger
                          Actually Great General....kept a bunch of farmers and apprentices together for 6 years against the supposed best army on the planet and beat them on occasion...but keeping an army together was the key.
                          He was a good administrator and probably a great leader, but most military experts rate him as an average strategist and tactician.
                          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Not that he was particularly to blame but I think he lacked the experience to command at such a senior level. Strategically, I don’t think he did a great deal wrong. Tactically, he was a poor commander who lost a few battles that he perhaps should have won.

Comment

I disagree...once the actual continentals are trained, he never looses a battle again (1778.) He does not have much to work with. What is a definition of a great general? Washington kept his army fed, clothed, and armed without any previous existing system...and without directly taking it from the surrounding population (he did not want to appear British.) He did not have many roads. Political pressure was placed on him to protect New York and Philadelphia. The defence of these two cities led to his only defeats. He also trained officers to become great leaders: Greene, Arnold, Wayne, and Knox. I know this is not CIV game based stuff but I am curius 49er and my friend from across the pond who is America's greatest general?

Comment

Working...
                              X