'Worst enemy'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Worst enemy'

Is there a way to find out exactly WHO is a civ's worst enemy?

I know I get pegged constantly for relations with someone's 'worst enemy' like a jilted lover. I just never know I've done wrong til after.

I know I can go look at the F4 Relations screen, but isn't it possible for an AI to be Annoyed/Furious with more than one civ? Or is the 'worst' tag applied to anyone they have that diplomatic level with?

Know I've been full of questions lately, thanks for the responses!

I think when you actually click on another leader in the Diplomacy screen, you see all of the information on all the other civs from their perspective.

Comment

Generally you have to be have a civ who is annoyed with you before they will consider you as their worst enemy. After that it's a question of who they dislike the most.

But it probably doesn't make much difference in the long run since the "worst enemy" title means that they will not trade with you. If relations are bad, they'll probably not trade for other reasons like the general "we don't like you enough"

Comment

Well, it dosn't matter who YOUR worst enemy is, but it can matter a great deal who someone else's worst enemy is, so you can avoid trading with the worst enemy of the millitary superpower next door to you; and yeah, unfortunatly there's sometimes no reliable way to know that.

Comment

I concur with Yosho's, Couerdelion's, and Nohbody's analyses...when it come to dealing with the AI - their feelings can be rather fluid at best (and might even change given the turns that you check them out).

Just keep this simple fact in the back of your mind when dealing with the AI - The number ONE target is YOU!

Believe me, that is what it will eventually come down to...if you survive that long to see it come into fruition.

Comment

Yeah they can call someone their worst enemy but still open borders with them so when you are feeling safe behind what you deem to be a nice buffer between you and a potential enemy, said enemy comes marching through what you thought to be your safe side. Even Togugawa opens borders for the AI even if they don't share a religion and are buddies which is rather unfair because for a human player the only ways to gain open borders with Togu is to either vassalize him or to make him a good friend of yours through sharing a religion and helping him. (in which case he'll probably offer to vassalize to you).

Yeah, there's no telling who's the worst enemy and as far as you're concerned it really doesn't make a difference atleast in the way you're going to plan your game.
            "The state is nothing but an instrument of oppression of one class by another--no less so in a democratic republic than in a monarchy."

Comment

Well, I bet if your computer could talk, it would say that it's unfair that you are sentient and can use human intelligence to determine your moves
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Touche' Snoopy!
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                  Well, I bet if your computer could talk, it would say that it's unfair that you are sentient and can use human intelligence to determine your moves
                  On the other hand, it is easier for developers to reduce the human player's diplomatic abilities while introducing ridiculous demands from the AI, instead of making the AI more clever. This approach pretty much guarantees bad relations with most of the AIs, every single game.
                  Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

I just discovered... If you REALLY want to find out who that worst enemy is, a slighty finnicky but easy way is to open up the diplomacy screen a few times with the leader in question.
                    Sometimes they'll say, 'We encourage you to stop trading with ', or something like that.

I don't know what you guys are talking about but when I play that's how I determine my diplomatic strategy.

"Whassat... a Greek SPY in my territory? -1 for YOU, Pericles."

(makes a note and tallies)

"Lesse, 2 for sharing religion, 2 for trading with me, 3 for your civics - good choice, ol' boy.
                    But then you lose one for spying, 2 less for that time you declared war (no, I'm not going to drop it. Ever.). And y'know, you keep going and swapping notes with THAT OTHER GUY. You know who I'm talking about. -4 on that.
                    And that time I really need some help with kicking Japan into line.. Remember what you said? Yeah. Me too. Quite frankly, Pericles, I'm a little bit..."

(checks numbers)

"ANNOYED."

(rolls dice)

"Ok. I'm not starting a war. YET."

Comment

Correction to my previous comment. Knowing worst enemies is useful because you will get diplomacy hits if you trade with them. There is no certain way of knowing but there are ways of being pretty certain

a) If you say click on the leader screen , he might say stop trading. That nation IS his worst enemy
                      b) If they are at war, they are likely to be their worst enemy
                      c) On the diplo screen (relations), they are likely to be the nation with whom they are Furious
                      d) If they are only Annoyed, assume that the lowest diplo score that they give to any of the civs with whom they are annoyed is the one declared the worst enemy.

Comment

Yeah seems to be the way to go.

Definitely worth knowing if you're trying to keep people certain people happy. It can be a significant negative.

The penalty is temporary though, I'm pretty sure. Can anyone add to that? Confirm, how many turns?

Not to mention if you know BEFORE so you don't start trade agreements with said worst enemy, you don't get the negative hit for turning your back on them them when your ol' pal knocks on your door and demands you stop trading with their nemesis.

Comment

Or, you could just ask them... you know you have that option...

"How do you feel about..."

is under the

"lets discuss something else"

If they are annoyed. Dont make nice with that AI.
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

on 3.00 of BTW it had a chart with positive and negative number that would tell your worst enemy but on 3.13 it is gone

Comment

I read in a thread somewhere that there's a way to bring it back. Can anyone confirm that one?

Comment

Working...
                              X