Defying a Resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defying a Resolution

I establised Judaism and built the Apostolic deal. An AI civ thay is mostly Judaism (Portugal) but vassal to a civ from another religion (England) defied my resolution that a war end against a civ that they are both at war with.

Can the master civ force the vote of the vassal?

What is the fate of the vassal civ now that they have defied the vote? Is there punishment? EVERY other Judaism civ voted for it but it didn't pass because of Portugal.

Last edited by Lancer; February 5, 2008, 06:02.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

One more question. In another resolution there was an option to return yadda city to blah. I couldn't find yadda city anywhere. Is the a city finder? I can't find that either.

Comment

The penalty for defying a resolution from the AP is that the cities with the AP-religion in the defying civ will get a couple of unhappy faces for some perioed of time (sorry to give a paradox-manual like answer - i dont know the numbers). The important thing is: Only the cities with that religion !

In my last game, the AP produced a resolution that one of my conquered cities should go back to its previous owner. Now that was enough for me to try to defy for the first time. Turns out, that the only city affected by defiance-unhappyness was the city in question, for it was the only one in my empire that had that religion. So i was like: "uhhh - thats really harsh to have 4 (or so) more unhappy faces in this constantly revolting border slum-camp full of outlanders (meaning: i couldnt care less)". Needless to say, i kept defying each time it came up. Tho it should be said, that me running theocracy at this point was a good idea just because of this alone. Had the AI spread the AP-religion to more of my cities, the whole things would have looked a whole lot different, i guess.

About forcing a vassals vote: I dont think it can be done, yet i think it should be standard. It should simply always vote what i am voting. It should behave like a tag-along little bro, that always looks what his big bro says and does first, before making ´his own´ point - which is always similar to the one of the bigger bro. Actually,
      sAs long as there is no real good reason game-play-wise, i think it would be a pity to not have it changed to this way, when the final patch comes out.

I dont think there is a city finder. Maybe someone has a mod for that tho.

Comment

Thanks for the answer Unimatrix11, good one, and I enjoyed it.

Seems to me that defying should bring war, but oh well. Maybe the option to declare war without a penalty. Something real anyway, not a few turns of unhappy.

Comment

Important note:

IF the resolution involves "give control of city X" to such and so civ, and you defy the resolution, the city in question will get TEN extra unhappy faces (with the note that you are regarded as a criminal by the rest of the world, or somesuch).

Harsh.

I've had perfectly splendid cities starve down to size one on account of that.

-=Vel=-
          The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Oh yeah, i forgot the diplomatic penalty. That of course is important, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Unimatrix11
              About forcing a vassals vote: I dont think it can be done, yet i think it should be standard. It should simply always vote what i am voting. It should behave like a tag-along little bro, that always looks what his big bro says and does first, before making ´his own´ point - which is always similar to the one of the bigger bro. Actually,
              sAs long as there is no real good reason game-play-wise, i think it would be a pity to not have it changed to this way, when the final patch comes out.
              I'd say it's there to break up the diplomatic/military power and victories a little.

Especially with the diplomatic victory vote, anyone that played a military game and started collecting vassals could probably always win diplomatic victory if they could force their vassals hand.

I think it'd give the 'conqueror' style player too much of an edge too early into their steamrolling if anyone that capitulated (but still hated them) would follow their vote.

Comment

The diplo penalty lasts until you participate in a resolution which you do NOT defy.

I am having some 'interesting' times in my current game. The palace resident is 2nd in score to my 1st, his worst enemies are me & my vassal, and we have some cities with the religion. I defied the first resolution (returning a size 1 city, it turned out), but just voted no on returning one of my vassal's cities (I did NOT want the penalties to stack)! Good thing, because the next resolution was to return a sizable city of mine, and it was defiance time again.

Ethiopia is going to take a fall (but I think I'll wait until tanks arrive).

Comment

Working...
                X