Religious differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religious differences

Are the different religions the same as far as benefits are concerned? Thanks.
    Jack

Aslong as the mod (Gods of Old?) isn't loaded, yes, they are the same.
    If you chase two rabbits, they shall gang up and chase you back.

Comment

Minor difference:

Different religions have different resources that double the production rate of that version of the Catherdrial.

This is something to consider when you have the advanced setting "Choose Religions" on.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
        Minor difference:

Different religions have different resources that double the production rate of that version of the Catherdrial.

This is something to consider when you have the advanced setting "Choose Religions" on.
        Yep.

Copper: Taosim, Confucianism, Buddhism
        Stone: Christianity, Judaism
        Marble: Islam, Hinduism

Comment

Also, the earlier a religion is founded the better chance it has to flourish and to be embraced by other civs. This provides 2 benefits; the Shrine makes more money, and it's a lot easier to win a game with 3 best friends with your religion than it is to do it with none.

Comment

Also I think the AI preference should be counted as variation between religions. I always play with choose religions and if I'm in a position to choose a religion, I'll choose one the AI's on the map are likely to embrace. For example, if I'm neighbors with the Ottomans and the Arabians and manage to get a religion before Saladin, I'll naturally pick Islam. It is my educated guess that these AI's prefer Islam since they always choose it if they get to. They are also keen to convert to it eventhough it wouldn't be in a majority in their cities.

Other strong religion is naturally Christianity, which is preferred by the HRE, the Spanish, the Portuguese and the Dutch. (probably others too).
            "The state is nothing but an instrument of oppression of one class by another--no less so in a democratic republic than in a monarchy."

Comment

Originally posted by Fleme
              Also I think the AI preference should be counted as variation between religions. I always play with choose religions and if I'm in a position to choose a religion, I'll choose one the AI's on the map are likely to embrace. For example, if I'm neighbors with the Ottomans and the Arabians and manage to get a religion before Saladin, I'll naturally pick Islam. It is my educated guess that these AI's prefer Islam since they always choose it if they get to. They are also keen to convert to it eventhough it wouldn't be in a majority in their cities.

Other strong religion is naturally Christianity, which is preferred by the HRE, the Spanish, the Portuguese and the Dutch. (probably others too).
              Is there documentation of those preferences, and which Civs prefer which ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Jvstin

Is there documentation of those preferences, and which Civs prefer which ones?
                They certainly choose to found religions based on preference, not sure it's actually any deeper than that
                www.neo-geo.com

Comment

When choose religions is NOT on, it's not so much the religion the AI seeking as the tech itself plus a higher ranking of every tech allowing a religion when the AI doesn't have one.

I haven't played enough games with choose religion on to be able to determine why the AI picked the ones they did.
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Another difference is that late religions come with a free missionary, while early religions do not.
                    Clash of Civilization team member
                    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Isn't there an event that gives a religious bonus to certain religions for having incense?
                      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare
                        Another difference is that late religions come with a free missionary, while early religions do not.
                        This is actually tied to the tech. If you have choose religions on, and are first to Mediation and choose Islam, you do NOT get a free Islamic missonary.

Conversely if you are first to Divine Right and the only religion unfounded left was Hinduism, you DO get a free Hindu missonary.
                        Templar Science Minister

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er
                          Isn't there an event that gives a religious bonus to certain religions for having incense?
                          Not that I'm aware of. However, every religions Catherdial results in one extra happy citizen from Incense in that city. This is cumulative.
                          Templar Science Minister

Comment

Working...
                          X