Problem with Installing Warlords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Installing Warlords

Friend of mine just got his new computer, he installed and patched Civ, installed Warlords and then BTS, something happened where he had to uninstall them and start over but as soon as he tried to install warlords again, it pops up telling him that a newer version of Warlords is installed and we can't figure out why since it was uninstalled and everything?

My best suggestion: After uninstalling, manually delete the directory, and the folder in My Documents before re-installing. The downloaded patches might leave behind a few things here or there that could cause that.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

If I had to guess, I'd say he didn't uninstall them in reverse order. Normally you install Civ IV, then Warlords, then BtS. Remove BtS first, then Warlords, and only then do you remove Civ IV. If he removed Civ IV first, the uninstall won't get rid of all the Warlords and BtS references, so it probably has all the registry keys still in there showing the Warlords patch was installed (newer version). With Civ IV gone, uninstalling Warlords probably didn't work because files were missing already.

Uninstall everything as well as you can, run regedit, find the entries for Firaxis games, and delete all entries for anything relating to Civ IV. Then try reinstalling.
      Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Working...
      X