Subs traveling under North Pole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subs traveling under North Pole?

First of all, I'll preface this post by asking if this is a feature in BtS? As I do not own the expansion, I am not hip to all of the fancy new additions everyone, but me, is enjoying. If it is not a feature, does anyone else think this would be cool to have in the game? By this, I mean that subs can travel below the ice of the North Pole to come out the other side much quicker than traveling a surface route.

Unfortunately the maps that have ice at the top and bottom don't wrap that way so it doesn't happen - would need changes to the maps AFAIK.
    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

In Civ 4, the top and bottom most tiles are NOT intended to represent the North & South Pole.

It's instead supposed to represent the edge where all terrign north or south of that point is ice.
      Aprox 60 degrees on a normal map?

On the generated ice age maps, even more tiles are cut off from the top and bottom.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Ice does not reach to the ocean floor though. Why wouldn't a sub be able to travel under it?

Comment

Originally posted by Nohbody8
          Ice does not reach to the ocean floor though. Why wouldn't a sub be able to travel under it?
          they can travel under it, I suppose you mean 'why can't they cut corners with it?'.

The reason for that is the the globe on planet Civ is actually a tube. When we get spherical maps I'm sure you will be able to.
          www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Working...
          X